The Household Charge (1 Viewer)

Campaign Against the Household Tax Protest March To Fine Gael Ard Fheis

Protest at the Fine Gael Ard Fheis, assemble 1pm, Saturday 31 March at Parnell Square. March to National Convention Centre, IFSC.

finalhht_page_1211x300.jpg

Keep up the boycott – Defeat the Household Tax

As the March 31 deadline approaches it is clear that huge numbers are refusing to pay. This is not because of “confusion” about how to pay. People are deliberately refusing to register for and pay an unjust tax.

Everybody knows it starts at €100 and will rise to €1000+, everybody knows the Government are picking the people’s pockets to boost the bondholders’ bank accounts. Mass non-payment of the household tax will not just be a massive blow to an unjust tax it will also be a massive blow to the Government’s entire austerity drive.

Government desperation & threats

The Government are getting desperate. Threats to deduct money from wages, social welfare and bank accounts are a sign of this. They cannot do any of this without changing the law and then bringing people to court. And they cannot take a million people to court.

The household tax app lies to homeowners and your ESB bil l does not prove you own a property. Bringing ESB bills into the equation is another sign of Government desperation.

Huge numbers are not registering and not paying and if a large percentage hold firm the Government are in trouble on this issue. We can win.

Protest the Fine Gael Ard Fheis – Saturday March 31st, Assemble 1pm Parnell Square, Marching to the Convention Centre (North Quay) for 2pm

http://nohouseholdtax.org/

not paying because I won't be bullied into paying and because of the bollox up they've made of implementing it.

I can afford it. I don't disagree with a charge of this nature per se. But (to repeat myself for the 100th time) they were just too lazy in how they implemented it. Having a flat rate, no invoices, no information campaign (until they started panic'ing), the post office debacle, and the threats from Phil Hogan (moron)

the town council hasnt been maintaining our estate properly due to some admin shite with the constructor, so we've all been chipping in 50 euro a year for the past few years to keep the place decent. now they have deemed it to be 4 estates rather than 1 so one corner is exempt for being a ghost estate. I dont think we are exactly chomping at the bit to pay it here.

We're exempt as it's an unfinished estate.
There hasnt been any building work carried out here in over 4 years so dont expect to be paying charges any time soon.

my biggest issue with the pro-charge argument is the 'it's standard practice in most other countries'.
if we're going to start doing things because it's standard practice in other countries, can we have a properly regulated rental market too?

that said, we're probably the only country where it's the left who are against a property tax...

Am I the only sucker here that's paid this?!

Nope, paid it too. It's inevitable everyone will be chased for it, non-payment fees past March 31st are pretty fair IMHO. If people continue to resist, I reckon they'll add it to next year's more progressive charge (which I believe all those against are actually for).

Nope, paid it too. It's inevitable everyone will be chased for it, non-payment fees past March 31st are pretty fair IMHO. If people continue to resist, I reckon they'll add it to next year's more progressive charge (which I believe all those against are actually for).

how are they going chase down over 1 million people? Think of the logistics.

They don't have a database for this tax, thats why they set it at €100 this year, but it will go up next year and not just for the better off, ordinary middle income and low income people will be screwed. They will also use this database to collect the water tax, the broadcast tax and anyother tax they can think up so that really well off don't have to pay their fair share.

Dummies? Paying this tax is for dummies because you haven't seen anything yet.

Dont pay!

Make the rich pay!

how are they going chase down over 1 million people? Think of the logistics.

They don't have a database for this tax, thats why they set it at €100 this year

yep, its unbelievable isn't it. They don't even have a list of the homeowners in this state. Hence all the aggro about having to get the info from utility bills. And even that won't work because utility bills are going to be in the name of the person living in a property and not necessarily the owner.

I want to make them jump through hoops to find out who I am. Once they've done that, around september or so, I'll pay. It'll be an extra 1 euro well spent because it'll cost them a lot more to find me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back