The 100 Push Up Challenge (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 210
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 1
I just did 9 although I was at the gym this morning where I'm working quite hard to regain the ground I lost last year when my membership ran out.
Well..that means you start off with 4 sets of 5 tomorrow I reckon!
Plus the plank...cant't forget the plank!

your man's plan is a bit too vague for my tastes. it's all a bit "do as many as you can"

he needs to start us all on the same spot. i.e. 5 per set. if that needed a pre training plan plan to get people up to 5 then so be it. needs more info on rest days too.

anyway, slight grumble aside. im getting down to my second bunch of 7 for the day in a minute.

We're both on 7!

Nice!!

I'm just gonna take a rest day when I can feel its totally necessary..use a bit of common sense

@chris d ,I'm gonna email him and ask about rest days..he emailed me last night to see how I was getting on

I'm pretty good at the plank.
I can do these things better when I'm wearing my boots, is that cheating?
No way man..I prefer having my shoes on too for toe support.

I'm not too concerned about exercising my toes at the min.

You'll be amazed how quickly your reps will multiply,you'll be banging out 100 in no time.Speaking of shoulders,dislocations are great for shoulder mobility,and you can just bust out a few in your kitchen with the brush every time you make a cuppa.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So there I was after BANGING out Set 3 of the day..I swear to god it was the easiest one yet and I was feeling great..so great I in fact wrote some fuckking awesome music and needed words so took a hike round to lidls..not needing anything except a destination gnome sain..anyhoo..by the time I got there my trousers were falling down..due to all the exercising and eating right etc..and what did they have on spesh? BELTS!

KARMA CHAMELEON!

While I was fluting round there looking at the other specials I spotted they have chin up bars,I'm gonna spin round in the van tomorrow and grab one cos I was thinking of going for 100 chinups next..or maybe even simultaneously.

I easily coulda done 10 push ups in that last set but I'm gonna stick with the plan.Gently gently catchy monkey..no need to go Lewis Collins on it

We're both on 7!

Nice!!

I'm just gonna take a rest day when I can feel its totally necessary..use a bit of common sense

@chris d ,I'm gonna email him and ask about rest days..he emailed me last night to see how I was getting on

Don't underestimate the value of rest days. Your muscles perform better when they get a chance to heal/rest even if you don't feel the need.

Ohh yeah...and you have actual knowledge in this area if I remember correctly!

Rest days..Roger

I'm a spa that can't follow instructions. Can someone give me a 3 line synopsis of how i should be doing this. I did 8 of the correct pushups in the video a couple of pages back.
Ok!

You did 8..same as I did.

So...Day 1 ..you do 50% of that 4 times...minimum of an hour apart.Hold the last one as a plank for 4 deep breaths.

Day 2 you just add 1...so youd be doing 5 reps a set..and a 5 deep breath plank.

And you just keep adding one rep per set each day until...I forget what happens next.I need to read it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back