Superchunk (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Just started listening to them recently. They're great!

Any recommendations as to what albums one should get?

No Pocky For Kitty and On The Mouth were the only two I ever had, and they were both pretty good pop punk albums. They started to 'mature their sound' in the mid nineties with strings and acoustics and what I heard of that stuff was alright, but I'd kinda lost interest by then. Come pick me up was produced by Jim O' Rourke and is supposed to be not bad. Check out Portastatic too (lead singer's other project.) The Nature of Sap is a really nice record.

all their albums while not universally amazing all have cracking individual tracks on them. if you're in the downloadin way - driveway to driveway is a great tune, precision auto, untied, florida's on fire, seed toss, throwing things, martinis on the roof, 1000 pounds, detroit has a skyline, etc etc. PLUS they do go *great* acoustic versions of a lot of their songs aswell. get your hands on them. the rarities bsides compilation they released a while ago has a lot of that stuff on it. cup of sand i think its called.

these guys played the village a few years ago and the place was disgracefully empty. saw them the week before in london and the place was kickin. i'm not sure we'll sever see them in ireland again :(

portastatic is also a decent side project of mac's .

No pocky is probably my(and most other people's)favourite,I reckon the first four or maybe five a worth checking out. I don't remember what the last one I got was.
The singles comp is good too.

Donkey OJ said:
these guys played the village a few years ago and the place was disgracefully empty. saw them the week before in london and the place was kickin. i'm not sure we'll sever see them in ireland again :(

portastatic is also a decent side project of mac's .

That gig was in the Mean Fiddler wasn't it? I was there. You must have been the other person at the right of the stage. Hiya!

Yeah, no pocket's a deadly album, wasn't so impressed with On The Mouth or Tossing Seeds, which are the only other ones i got. Do they still tour much? Looks from their site they're doing feck all these times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back