Summer fruit (1 Viewer)

Although a vegetable rhubarb is eaten as a fruit, cooked and sweetened with sugar
An oh yeah, this isn't really true:
wikipedia said:
Vegetable is a culinary term. Its definition has no scientific value, and is somewhat arbitrary and subjective. Any part of an herbaceous plant that humans eat whole or in part is a vegetable, except for culinary fruits and arguably grains, nuts, herbs, and spices. Also, mushrooms are commonly considered vegetables, despite belonging to a different biological kingdom, namely fungi (which used to be classified as plants).
You can't really say something is a vegetable but eaten as a fruit. If it's eaten as a fruit, it is a fruit (unless you're a botanist)

lambemurphy.jpg

mmm, peaches and plums. i've been replacing the snacky stuff i was eating with M&S fruit, because while it's pricy, it's also cheaper than junk food and worth it for every piece tasting like utter deliciousness - the peaches, especially, are unbelievaly good.

oranges of all varieties, too, for the segmented illusion that summer is sunny.

strawberries are watery and useless too often.

One the things I miss about Paris is the easy access to cherries. Cherries in metro stations, roadside cherries, cherries partout.

I bought strawberries in Louth today but it wasn't the same.

"Like an owl sthraawberry do ye?"

Indeed.

carbide said:
strawberries are watery and useless too often.
Strawberry season only really starts at the beginning of July. If you buy em before then you're likely to get watery/acidy ones that'll put you off. Buying them on the side of the road is your best bet
(or grow them yourself)

Bellatrix said:
One the things I miss about Paris is the easy access to cherries. Cherries in metro stations, roadside cherries, cherries partout.

I bought strawberries in Louth today but it wasn't the same.

"Like an owl sthraawberry do ye?"

Indeed.

Got a nice box of cherries in Lidl during the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back