Summer fruit (1 Viewer)

Although a vegetable rhubarb is eaten as a fruit, cooked and sweetened with sugar
An oh yeah, this isn't really true:
wikipedia said:
Vegetable is a culinary term. Its definition has no scientific value, and is somewhat arbitrary and subjective. Any part of an herbaceous plant that humans eat whole or in part is a vegetable, except for culinary fruits and arguably grains, nuts, herbs, and spices. Also, mushrooms are commonly considered vegetables, despite belonging to a different biological kingdom, namely fungi (which used to be classified as plants).
You can't really say something is a vegetable but eaten as a fruit. If it's eaten as a fruit, it is a fruit (unless you're a botanist)

lambemurphy.jpg

mmm, peaches and plums. i've been replacing the snacky stuff i was eating with M&S fruit, because while it's pricy, it's also cheaper than junk food and worth it for every piece tasting like utter deliciousness - the peaches, especially, are unbelievaly good.

oranges of all varieties, too, for the segmented illusion that summer is sunny.

strawberries are watery and useless too often.

One the things I miss about Paris is the easy access to cherries. Cherries in metro stations, roadside cherries, cherries partout.

I bought strawberries in Louth today but it wasn't the same.

"Like an owl sthraawberry do ye?"

Indeed.

carbide said:
strawberries are watery and useless too often.
Strawberry season only really starts at the beginning of July. If you buy em before then you're likely to get watery/acidy ones that'll put you off. Buying them on the side of the road is your best bet
(or grow them yourself)

Bellatrix said:
One the things I miss about Paris is the easy access to cherries. Cherries in metro stations, roadside cherries, cherries partout.

I bought strawberries in Louth today but it wasn't the same.

"Like an owl sthraawberry do ye?"

Indeed.

Got a nice box of cherries in Lidl during the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back