Summer fruit (1 Viewer)

im looking forward avec impatience to the arrival of blackberries in august/september. theres always a good few out in the back garden (which hasnt been mown since last august and is quite wild and adventurous looking now...) although my housemate likes them too and shes often gets to them first. theres rhubarb there too but i dont know what to do with it. is rhubarb fruit? i like it. whats a good time of year to eat it? i fancy making some of that crumble someone posted up a recipe for recently...

"is rhubarb fruit"

no, rhubarb is actually a crustacean.

words.
there are none.

lambemurphy.jpg

Rhubarb is actually a vegetable... not unlike its Captain (only kidding) - see previous threads...

I am looking forward to the ripening of the gooseberries - yummy!

kirstie said:
"is rhubarb fruit"

no, rhubarb is actually a crustacean.

words.
there are none.

that tone.
i dont like it.

[FONT=Arial,]Rhubarb is a perennial plant with large, long stalks ranging in color from greenish pink to dark red. Although a vegetable rhubarb is eaten as a fruit, cooked and sweetened with sugar. It is also called pieplant because the slender stalks make a delicious pie filling. Discard the leaves and roots, which can be toxic. Select crisp, firm young stalks and store them, wrapped, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,][/FONT]

We had a patch of Rhubarb in our back garden when I was growing up. They made a great alien landscape for my extensive collection of star wars figures, which were stolen by my neighbour Jonathan (Johnny) S. Harkin out of that very same garden in July 1982 whilst I innocently ate weiner schnitzel in the kitchen.

I haven't been able to look at Rhubarb without feeling a strange, yet exilarating mix of rage and sadness since.

Spam Javelin said:
We had a patch of Rhubarb in our back garden when I was growing up. They made a great alien landscape for my extensive collection of star wars figures, which were stolen by my neighbour Jonathan (Johnny) S. Harkin out of that very same garden in July 1982 whilst I innocently ate weiner schnitzel in the kitchen.

I haven't been able to look at Rhubarb without feeling a strange, yet exilarating mix of rage and sadness since.

What do bananas remind you of, neil?

Fruit:

1. The ripened ovary or ovaries of a seed-bearing plant, together with accessory parts, containing the seeds and occurring in a wide variety of forms.

2. Gavin Lambe Murphy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back