Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

I like the idea of still having a drink now and then .

I like that idea too but I once gave the booze up for 2 months and felt so happy and relaxed it was like I'd had 2 or 3 pints all the time.
My missus is getting pissed off with me because I start bursting out laughing for no pretty much no reason the last couple of days. I'm trying to explain to her that that's just the depression slinking away and my natural inner giddiness, silliness coming back to the fore.

Or maybe I have Wet Brain. I'm not 100% sure.

Day 1 of Lent and I am being the ultimate cliche and going off the booze.

The major difficulty is other people; I have a gig tonight and a dinner date on Friday. I'm giving myself a 50/50 shot at making this.

I totaled up all my bar tabs for this year and it is an obscene number, so I'm hoping to save a few quid also.

Lent aside - I'm also trying to stop drinking. Have been off before for close to 12 months (2-3 years ago) and was the fittest I've ever been in my life at that time. Was doing lots of cycling and running.
I'm not in bad health overall now (not cycling or running anymore but walking every day); my diet is good (veggie) and I don't do nights out really, but come the end of the week I'm usually dying for a jar. And my control most often leaves a lot to be desired.
I've friends who drink little or hardly at all, and seem to manage it well, so I'm gonna give it a try.
I would still like to be able to have a drink now and then, maybe; but am gonna give it a go again.

I'm trying to explain to her that that's just the depression slinking away and my natural inner giddiness, silliness coming back to the fore.

I had this experience the last time I gave up. Felt great all the time. Was able to head out have a laugh with my friends and didn't feel like this guy at the end of the night

24tx.jpg

Time to give it up again.

I don't find it hard at all. I can go months without a drink, which is probably why my hangover are so bad. Two glasses of wine is the sweet spot though, three glasses and I let my, 'watch what you say' guard down. Anymore and I'll regret it come morning. I go like that more pubs have gluten free beer now. Beer is much easier to drink without the hangover. Crap wine is a killer on the head.

I like that idea too but I once gave the booze up for 2 months and felt so happy and relaxed it was like I'd had 2 or 3 pints all the time.
My missus is getting pissed off with me because I start bursting out laughing for no pretty much no reason the last couple of days. I'm trying to explain to her that that's just the depression slinking away and my natural inner giddiness, silliness coming back to the fore.

Also, only one of you has to get up and go to work in the morning.

Could it be that?

Nah, she just thinks I know some joke that she doesn't. She's very proud of me. She said so. It also helps that I get up 10 minutes before the alarm and make her tea. I wouldn't have been able to do that a few weeks ago.
Nicely done.
I'm thinking of getting one of those timer coffee makers. Machines. The closest thing to a decent significant other.

Nicely done.
I'm thinking of getting one of those timer coffee makers. Machines. The closest thing to a decent significant other.

Give it a few weeks and I'll have enough energy to get over to your house too.

Twas you who told me to "get off the booze" all those years ago, after all. I finally listened, I guess.

Gave up the drink yesterday with the best of intentions of not having a drink till Paddy's Day. Even had coffee in my local tonight. Centra had 4 Karpackie for 6 yoyo, so now, I'm not gonna drink in my local till Paddy's Day.
This could change tomorrow, buh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back