Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell said:
I was in the newly renovated macdonaghs in dalkey last weekend. I can't believe they considered calling it 'Max'.

My favourite pub, now just a lovely, smelly carpeted memory.

The new place is called 'Ivory' and is a powerful motivation to quit drinking.

Sounds terrible.
McDonaghs was the one decent, down to earth pub in the village.

Who are the new owners?

nlgbbbblth said:
Sounds terrible.
McDonaghs was the one decent, down to earth pub in the village.

Who are the new owners?

The same guy who owns the Ocean bar in Ringsend.

I started to lose track of all the flaws with the place.

1. Horrible Decor
2. Tiny area behind the bar - The staff were constantly bumping into each other
3. Empty glasses everywhere and it wasn't even busy or understaffed, had to wait 10 minutes for a drink.
4. The staff were all panicked and sweating buckets, shouting abuse at each other.
5. The prices are 40/50c higher than before.

Freda would be horrified. She should go back there for a week and straighten the place out ala Gordon Ramsay, old school style.

nlgbbbblth said:
Well. Italia 90 and the whole summer was alcohol-free for me. I survived it but I definitely felt under pressure at times.

Put em under pressure wha?

6 months longest for me because I was with child.

The one and only time I ever felt the urge to give up booze was when i was about 16. I found the taste of most alcoholic beverages utterly vile and built it up in my head to the point where I would vomit by meerly smelling booze.

So for a few weeks in the summer of '91 I used to go knacker drinking with my mates as per usual, but instead of a a couple of falgons of cider I would comsume a 2 litre of Coke and 2 kingsize Mars Bars.

The sugar rush was intense and I enjoyed it for a few weeks. But I began to feel slightly alienated from my friends and I could acutely feel there shame when we'd meet another gang and I "let the team down" with my non-alcoholic noncery.

Soon after I weened myself back onto booze, initially with Ritz of all things (which I used to accompany with More cigarillos, such confusion).

I never really get much of an urge to give up booze completely, I tend to just have periods when I don't drink as much. I'd never deny myself a nice glass of Pinot Noir. I find this whole black and white - drink/don't drink thing confusing. And sexy.

Oh, and ahem.. the post weekender toilet sessions. Now there's as good a reason as any to knock the sauce on the head. Whee oooh!!

zappa_toilet.jpg

1. Why did you give up drink? Didn't. although at times I would like to just to get rid of my emerging beer belly
2. How long did you last? /
3. Where did your motivation come from? It would be destroying the beer belly
4. Did you save money? Since I became a veggie over 6 million years ago I figured out pretty quickly it's dearer to be a veggie.
5. Is it even worth the fuckin hassle in this country? Ur gay

Lefty Frizzell said:
I was in the newly renovated macdonaghs in dalkey last weekend. I can't believe they considered calling it 'Max'.

My favourite pub, now just a lovely, smelly carpeted memory.

The new place is called 'Ivory' and is a powerful motivation to quit drinking.

i heard they have a "no ebony" sign on the door, can you confirm?

is there something wrong with me? I've never ever tried to give up the sauce. I just stopped drinking so much in order to spare my blushes the next day.

kirstie said:
is there something wrong with me? I've never ever tried to give up the sauce. I just stopped drinking so much in order to spare my blushes the next day.

i think you're on the safe list then Kirstie, seems like lots here share the do or die attitude. Not drinking or getting totally locked being option A. or B.

i'm increasingly drinking less, but only because i'm falling asellep increasingly quicker.

kirstie said:

On the contrary Kirtsie, there's something wrong with us.

clonan attack said:
i think you're on the safe list then Kirstie, seems like lots here share the do or die attitude. Not drinking or getting totally locked being option A. or B.

i'm increasingly drinking less, but only because i'm falling asellep increasingly quicker.

according to your thingy you are 23.

when you are 23 you be finding your limits.

and then smashing them.

Lefty Frizzell said:
If you do coke or e you can drink all night and then into the next day with ease.

ha ha. paddy irish man.

i'll do loads of coke just so i can drink more.

ledge man, fookin ledge.

Lefty Frizzell said:
If you do coke or e you can drink all night and then into the next day with ease.

Sometimes non stop for 3 days. Drink leads to the drug indulging and then the drug indulging leads to the 3 day binging. Vicious circle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back