Staying off the drink (2 Viewers)

Politapill said:
1. Why did you give up drink?
2. How long did you last?
3. Where did your motivation come from?
4. Did you save money?
5. Is it even worth the fuckin hassle in this country?

1. I was blacking out or being in mouldy uncontrollable state too often.
2. 2 weeks
3. Only lasted two weeks so didn't really have much motivation.
4. Yep, definitely. I'm a rich man when sober, a poor man drunk.
5. Sometimes, but most people are boring on the sauce when you're not on it so it can be hard. If you're into dancing or cinema or getting really into live music maybe it is easier.

For a while I was doing a thing where I didn't give up drinking but if say I left it 6 days before I had another drink I'd try to last 7 days or more before I had another one and then longer again in the hope that I would get to a situation where I drank once a month. I drink less overall than I used when I was undergrad in college or just after leaving secondary school but my intake is still astronomical by most people's standards.

Must qualify that. The last time I gave up it was only for 2 weeks but I've lasted months before, I think 4 months at one stage without a drink. Oh yeah and does anyone want to be my sponsor?

Drinking can cause this to happen:

oops.gif

Day 1 of Lent and I am being the ultimate cliche and going off the booze.

The major difficulty is other people; I have a gig tonight and a dinner date on Friday. I'm giving myself a 50/50 shot at making this.

I totaled up all my bar tabs for this year and it is an obscene number, so I'm hoping to save a few quid also.

Day 1 of Lent and I am being the ultimate cliche and going off the booze.

The major difficulty is other people; I have a gig tonight and a dinner date on Friday. I'm giving myself a 50/50 shot at making this.

I totaled up all my bar tabs for this year and it is an obscene number, so I'm hoping to save a few quid also.
Good luck. I wouldn't have a problem not drinking at a gig but a date is a different story altogether. I once went on a date with someone who drank soft drinks all night in a pub while I downed pints. Awful night.

Good luck. I wouldn't have a problem not drinking at a gig but a date is a different story altogether. I once went on a date with someone who drank soft drinks all night in a pub while I downed pints. Awful night.

Thankfully, it's a dinner date, not a date date. Just meeting a friend, so I can just explain.

I'm trying to kick the booze for good. I've a few occasions coming up where I'll have a few (but maybe not) but I don't enjoy it anymore and had proceeded down the slippery slope of using it to medicate stress and feeling bad. And, worst of all, hangovers.
Only a few days off it and my cheekbones have started to make a re-appearance so it's all positive so far.

My da's mantra was "make sure you're taking more out of it than it's taking out of you". Wise words.

I'm trying to kick the booze for good. I've a few occasions coming up where I'll have a few (but maybe not) but I don't enjoy it anymore and had proceeded down the slippery slope of using it to medicate stress and feeling bad. And, worst of all, hangovers.
Only a few days off it and my cheekbones have started to make a re-appearance so it's all positive so far.

My da's mantra was "make sure you're taking more out of it than it's taking out of you". Wise words.

Yeah, the same. The hangovers have started to tower over the enjoyment and also, I seem to be getting sick / run down after going out quite a lot these days.

I like the idea of still having a drink now and then but I think my days of TURBO are drawing to a close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back