"Sol, Sol wherever you may be... (1 Viewer)

Roy Keane, he's a traitor
He wears a traitor's hat
And when we went to Saipan
He didn't fancy that
He could have played for Ireland
In Korea and Japan
He's just a Cork knacker
He's not an Irishman

That one is offensive to travellers and milliners, who do not (as far as I know) manufacture a specific traitor-model hat.

The Park one is my favourite chant in years.

Roy Keane, he's a traitor
He wears a traitor's hat
And when we went to Saipan
He didn't fancy that
He could have played for Ireland
In Korea and Japan
He's just a Cork knacker
He's not an Irishman

i love that song,always gets a rise out of cork city/cobh fans,could be updated to stephen ireland now though surely?
think the worst abuse i seen was joxer kelly being serenaded by "joxer whose your da" for a solid hour while playing in tolka last season,at one stage he was stood in front of us for about 5 minutes waiting to take a throw in listening to hundreds of lads abusing him,looked like he was about to cry.

i heard about an awful one sung at a fella from Sporting Fingal. i assume he has a "past" to have had something like that sung at him....

think the worst abuse i seen was joxer kelly being serenaded by "joxer whose your da" for a solid hour while playing in tolka last season,at one stage he was stood in front of us for about 5 minutes waiting to take a throw in listening to hundreds of lads abusing him,looked like he was about to cry.

Same game, as he was substituted, this bloke in the main stand was roaring "he's coming off! watch your cars!"

Doesn't the sentiment in and of itself tend to overshadow whether or not it's racist?

One would assume so, wouldn't one? Yet for some reason I've never seen the papers full of pictures of Leeds fans who've been singing about Munich, or United fans who've sung about Heysel, yet the sentiment there is equally as bad.

Beckham had some truly awful stuff said about him and his family (particularly his kids, who should be off limits no matter what)

It seems rSol has become a cause celebre because he is alleged to be a gayer. Allegedly.

YOU CAN TALK, YOU CAN TALK, YOU CAN TALK!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That Park Ji Sung chant is amazing by the way. If I was South Korean I'd be loving it.

He's gone and left Notts County after one game, the mentalist.

He'll get some reaction when he returns to Meadow Lane. Probably never will though.

what are the odds that he ends up back at spurs ? doesnt harry have a defensive crisis at the moment ?

Sol, Sol wherever you maybe,
You can't get a club til January,
Notts don't need you in their back 3,
They've got super Sven Goran E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back