"Sol, Sol wherever you may be... (1 Viewer)

Franco

You're on the verge of lunacy,
We don't care if you're hanging from a tree,
Judas cunt with HIV"

Fair game or bad form?

You're on the verge of lunacy,
We don't care if you're hanging from a tree,
Judas cunt with HIV"

Fair game or bad form?

Bad form.

First off the hanging reference is NOT racist despite the red tops and Sky News making out it is, it's because he went awol after his shocker against the Bingo Club in his last season at the Goons. Still pretty nasty all the same.

It is homophobic (despite the best efforts of some to claim it isn't because HIV isn't exclusively a gay disease), as are most of the rSol chants, and I have a problem with that. I am astonished by the number of people I've met, Spurs and non-Spurs alike, who have told me they wouldn't sing racist songs but don't see a problem with singing songs about a persons sexuality. "They have equal rights now so should just take a slagging when they get it" was one reply...another was "it's not racist, and if it's homophobic I don't care, cos I don't like gays"...:confused:

The thing is, where do we draw the line with obscene or indecent chanting? Why is there no witch hunt under way to catch the Arsenal fans who sing songs about Cashely and his mobile phone? Isn't that offensive? What about the Celtic fans I heard in Rotterdam during the summer inserting IRA into the Fields of Athenry, offensive? Rangers singing the Sash or Billy Boys? Spurs enduring years of hissing, and gas chamber gags...we emerged from Upton Park on Monday night to a chorus of "we'll be running 'round Tottenham with our foreskins hanging out"...nice...

The police actions and the media reaction have been way over the top imo.

And I hope he gets 90 minutes of pure non-bigoted abuse in January...booing and "wanker wanker wanker" should suffice. The prick.

I should add that the chairman of our supporters trust got a phone call from a Sun journo (if you can call them that) asking for a comment on the Berbatov songs that were doing the rounds in anticipation of Saturday's game (about his old man and his rapist tendencies) to which Bernie replied "no comment"

What he wanted to reply was "who the fuck are you to be asking that, you are the scum who broke the "news" of his past in the first place"

It's Reg Grundy for the 21st century.

Bad form.

First off the hanging reference is NOT racist despite the red tops and Sky News making out it is, it's because he went awol after his shocker against the Bingo Club in his last season at the Goons. Still pretty nasty all the same.

It is homophobic (despite the best efforts of some to claim it isn't because HIV isn't exclusively a gay disease), as are most of the rSol chants, and I have a problem with that. I am astonished by the number of people I've met, Spurs and non-Spurs alike, who have told me they wouldn't sing racist songs but don't see a problem with singing songs about a persons sexuality. "They have equal rights now so should just take a slagging when they get it" was one reply...another was "it's not racist, and if it's homophobic I don't care, cos I don't like gays"...:confused:

The thing is, where do we draw the line with obscene or indecent chanting? Why is there no witch hunt under way to catch the Arsenal fans who sing songs about Cashely and his mobile phone? Isn't that offensive? What about the Celtic fans I heard in Rotterdam during the summer inserting IRA into the Fields of Athenry, offensive? Rangers singing the Sash or Billy Boys? Spurs enduring years of hissing, and gas chamber gags...we emerged from Upton Park on Monday night to a chorus of "we'll be running 'round Tottenham with our foreskins hanging out"...nice...

The police actions and the media reaction have been way over the top imo.

And I hope he gets 90 minutes of pure non-bigoted abuse in January...booing and "wanker wanker wanker" should suffice. The prick.

Spot on, I can perfectly understand why Spurs fans hate the guy but some shit goes way too far.

On a related note what is the "Wenger song" that United (and I'd presume Spurs fans) sing at him. I presume it's to do with the the bullshit kiddie fiddling alegations.

There's more than a few...

There's only one Arsene Wenger, one Arsene Wenger
With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile

You can guess what rhymes.

There was also a much worse version last year:

With a packet of sweets and a Portuguese tan
Wenger's got Maddy in a van

:eek:

Then there's:

Arsene, Arsene Wenger,
He's the biggest nonce in history
When he sees a playground,
He has a wank behind the nearest tree

This one is quite clever in fairness:

We don’t need no drunken drivers,
No baggage stealers in our team,
No lying Judas or cocaine dealers
Wenger leave those kids alone
HEY WENGER,LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE,
all in all your just another prick from Arsenal

jI SUNG PARK

park park wherever you may be'
they eat dogs in your country,
but it could be worse,you could be scouse
they eat rats in their council house

So 4-2, which one are you then?

16.JPG

It's a fairly vile ditty, but I dunno why it's been singled out above some of the other stuff you'd hear. Sol is a bit of a cause célèbre tho, cos he's quiet, contemplative and once appeared in the Style section of the Sunday Times.

the "lunacy" bit is a bit mentallerist. why doesn't anyone stand up for the mentallers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back