So... should i buy this SG? (1 Viewer)

here it is boys

S2400019.jpg

i can't see the pics...unless it's electric pink, i say snap it up. over here a mint SG would go for well over $1000 CDN (so around 1000 euros), so it sounds like a decent deal.

doesn't like Gibsons? is he insane?

meeting him to have a bash off it next week.
i guess i think it's worth it, any sg i've played before i liked. just looking for other opinions.

Alan Remorse said:
i guess i think it's worth it, any sg i've played before i liked. just looking for other opinions.
sg's are crucial. what kind of rig are you going to play it through?

Alan Remorse said:
I'd try and find an older one alan. The SGs made during the last 10 years or so arent a patch on older models. I know this can be said for most guitars but a friend of mine is obsessed with them and spouts on about em all the time.

Its still a great guitar but i wouldn't be taken in by its looks.

Plus 1000 is a little steep imo, if you're gonna buy it offer him 9. ;)

MrT said:
You can get the epiphone for about 325...a lot of people say they're just as good. I love mine more than I love me ma..which is a lot!

I'd agree with you to a point mrt. Although they're not as good a build as a gibson they're good value.

Theres loads of mid priced guitars these days that are better than established names, gibsons will always sell because they're "a real gibson". That said i just splashed out on a tele so fuck it, i dunno.

I like the look of those Ibanez guitars. I'd probably like them more in a few years time. hopefully they'll be cheaper again by then.

Pretty much any Ibanez i've played was quality.
I have a limited edition (only 1000 made) GS-2 with Piezo pick up that i bought for 1900 beans about 2 years ago.. the only guitar i've used live since buying it.

Lefty Frizzell said:
I'd try and find an older one alan. The SGs made during the last 10 years or so arent a patch on older models. I know this can be said for most guitars but a friend of mine is obsessed with them and spouts on about em all the time.

Its still a great guitar but i wouldn't be taken in by its looks.

Plus 1000 is a little steep imo, if you're gonna buy it offer him 9. ;)

Sound wise or playing wise?

I would never not have an SG as long as I play electric guitars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back