snow (1 Viewer)

Jaysus, finally enough snow to cover the filth. It'll start to show through again in an hour or two, but it's nice for now.

Like when you put concealer on a big open sore.

I was gonna go to a thing later, but I don't know if I will now. Really was looking forward to it, but don't think I'll make it. It's mostly because it's incredibly slippy and the only way to get where I need to go would be to walk, and it's a bit of a hike.

Hope everyone gets home okay this evening. A bit of snow isn't a problem, it's the sloppy, slippy slush and the people driving like stupid maniacs.

Why can't it be too dangerous to get to work? This is very annoying, it's just going to be another 3 hour trip home or something.

Why can't it be too dangerous to get to work? This is very annoying, it's just going to be another 3 hour trip home or something.

I thought of that when I was on my way home this afternoon. Like, I'm only in Ringsend so it's not a big deal. I walked up to just near Croke Park this morning, and it was mostly just rainy and manky and a bit cold, but it didn't seem like it was going to snow. It started snowing soon after I got there and by the time I left, I walked about 15 minutes then ended up in a taxi the rest of the way home.

But that's easy for me because it wasn't a long journey, and it wasn't rush hour. I don't envy anyone trying to get home this evening. No grit on the footpaths, and the roads are in shit, too. The main roads will probably be fine, but if we even have sticking snow in Ringsend, it's probably much worse everywhere else.

Just woke up from me nap and the palce is in a jocker.3 pairs of socks on me for work tonight.

not bleedin' sticking out here

mad the airport has been closed, don't remember that ever happening before

best snow moment ever = first ever visit to edinburgh, walking down princes street, turned into one o' them dickensian alleyways and the heavens opened. was amaazing

3rd half day this week cos of snow. news people filming around m50 sandyford/kiltiernan direction. hope the airport is ok by tonight. flying to london tomorrow morning, will be so fucking odd if my flight is cancelled

it's really sticking here, although I'm sure we are in possession of the only husky in the world who doesn't like the snow..

Can't believe the airport is closed..Flew home from Berlin yesterday and got lucky that it wasn't snowing I suppose..

My best snow moment ever was having a snowball fight in the middle of Stockholm really late at night on mine and dave's first valentine's day..so super awesome..

Right i never made it to wexford, anyone have any idea what the N11 is like now?
drove to/from wicklow town this morning. it was slushy but ok. was sposed to be heading for aughrim and arklow but cancelled cos heard it wasn't great. tbh if yer sticking to the N11 i can't imagine it being too bad. m50=different story

WTF? I'm a few miles from Dublin airport, which is pretty much at a standstill at the moment, and there's not a flake of snow to be seen.

My best snow moment ever was having a snowball fight in the middle of Stockholm really late at night on mine and dave's first valentine's day..so super awesome..

lame1.jpg

They're selectively letting people home early here (ie not me)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1ZOFNBL68"]YouTube - Let's Build a Snowman![/ame]

i dont know why dublin goes into meltdown mode every time it snows, ffs. it took me three hours to get home from dun laoghaire the other day.

what we need is for it to dump heaps tonight, stay below zero, and we can wake up tomorrow and enjoy it. snow/melt/snow/melt=no fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back