Smoking in front of Kids (1 Viewer)

Sufi

Visited some old friends in England last week. They have two young kids so it was nice for herself to hang out with them.
They are big smokers and thought nothing of smoking a joint or two in the morning before work they would always do this in front of the kids which bothered me a little because I would never smoke in the house when herself is gone to bed let alone in front of her in a small room.

I said nothing because their kids were there too so i didnt want to insinuate that they were bad parents. So what should I have done? Asked that they smoked outside or just put up with it because after all it was their house.

You should have said you werent happy.Thats what you do with friends.Then take it from there.

I said it to my Ma about smoking in front of my nipper in her gaf.She told me to go fuck meself.Problem solved.I had to shut up and put up.She's old school,like your mates evidentaly.

Maybe say it to them next time, it's not like they don't know it's bad for the kids.
They might have just thought that as you smoke, you might be smoking around your child by now.
My parents smoke hash and I absolutely hate it, but they pretend they don't and I pretend I believe them.

Well,my missus was worried because Daisy has asthma and she didn't want it being aggravated.She has a point.I don't condone making kids inhale second hand smoke myself but its not the end of the world.you can't be worried about them being influenced by what you do.Sure if you did you'd have no craic at all.

Cigarette smoke, in various concentrations, damages humans.

You are your child's guardian, and it is up to you to protect them. If you want to do this, and other people expose your child to risk, it is up to you to remove them from that risk, or remove the risk from them.

You are your child's guardian, and it is up to you to protect them. If you want to do this, and other people expose your child to risk, it is up to you to remove them from that risk, or remove the risk from them.

Thats good advice from flashback-tron there

freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

haven't got toasted in months....thats it, saturday mornin i'm givin the kids triple doses of calpol and ma&da are gettin blemmed...w regard to saying it to your mates you shoulda said it at the time, over cornflakes..'wow, you guys smoke in front of the kids? no way..no, we don't...y'know just figure they'd be better off health-wise....eh, ahem, are you, eh, taking all the weed w ye to work!ninjaaaa?'

they smoke weed or hasheeeesh?

Maybe say it to them next time, it's not like they don't know it's bad for the kids.
They might have just thought that as you smoke, you might be smoking around your child by now.

I don't smoke. I guess my issue was that they were smoking in front of my kid and theirs. I would normally tell people to go outside (actually most people would have more cop on at this stage) but because their own kids were there I felt if I said something It would end up being a criticism on their parenting.

So instead I let it go, I got annoyed and then got my revenge by posting it up anonymously on an internet forum.

That sounds like a tough situation as you were in their house and saying something to them may have disrupted things a bit....
That said, IMHO it's pretty irresponsible, to say the least, to smoke in front of children. How people think it's ok to smoke a few joints every morning in front of their young kids is just.....gah!! Especially in this day and age when there's no doubt anymore about how bad smoking is for you. Fair enough if you're an adult and you're making that decision yourself - but don't make it for your children.

Next time they invite you over or suggest they come and visit, decline and explain your reasons why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back