smacking (2 Viewers)

My parents used to spank me but only when I was old enough to make a choice.

The conversation before would go something like:
"Squiggle, stop that"
"no"
"If you don't stop that I will have to spank you"
Squiggle thinks about this and decides to keep going anyway.
"Ok, I told you that if you didn't stop doing that you would be spanked"
Squiggle gets spanked
"I love you, I don't like spanking you. Please don't do that again."

Hugs. All over.

I really don't think it did me or my brother any harm. They tried more progressive methods like time outs and stuff with my two youngest siblings. It didn't work.

But any mother or father who just lashes out and slaps a kid should be locked up.

That's 'cause they can't. The arguement that you learn your lesson is no excuse for hitting someone that's defenseless and less than half one's size. Sure we may aswell settle all arguements with a fight to the death.

Exactly.

I don't have kids, but I spend a lot of time minding my nephew and I have already noticed that he is more likely to take notice of you if you get down to his level and talk to him firmly about what he did wrong than just lose the rag...not being some liberal left-wing hippie here, it's true...I mean why treat kids differently from adults in that sense? Hell they are smarter than we are.

i got beat the living shit out of and it toughened me up for the real world.

fucking bleeding hearts.

that said, i wouldn't smack kids, because i'd likely get thrown in jail as they wouldn't be my own.

My parents used to spank me but only when I was old enough to make a choice.

Yeah, but your folks didn't give you mas pressies!!! Which is worse?

Seriously though; whatever about a smack on d'arse (and I'm not saying I'm a fan of that either) but the one thing I really hate is when you see those cunts smacking out of frustration/anger/hatred./whatever.

But wanting to kick the mothers/fathers who do that into touch...does that make me as bad as them? Or is it ok, 'cos I'm their age/generation?

Although, all violence is wrong.

Yeah, but your folks didn't give you mas pressies!!! Which is worse?

You mean xmas pressies. Ah, that never bothered us... no birthdays either... but it meant that we didn't spend most of the year being bribed into pretending to behave ourselves. If we wanted or needed something and it made sense and they could afford it and we deserved it then we got it. That simple.

It was worse being hit by teachers in school.

A lot of flsutrated priests surrounded by a lot boys..

BAd combo.

kids need boundaries. big violent boundaries. kids dont understand whats right or wrong sometimes and rules need to be enforced with more than just words they choose to ignore. id smack my kids but not hard and only as a last resort and if they were completely gone insane out of control.
and if i had kids. now, off to bed with me.

just give em nuggies instead.

nuggie.jpg

I was smacked with an egg flipper. My mother was a genius at mental torture though: 'I hear a police siren - you better hide Rónán'.

what about a smack in really serious circumstances, like if they were about to heedlessly cross a busy street. aversion training in some circumstances might be beneficial, no?

what about a smack in really serious circumstances, like if they were about to heedlessly cross a busy street. aversion training in some circumstances might be beneficial, no?

and what if you accidentally smacked them into the oncoming traffic by accident?

bet you wouldn't recommend it then.

It was worse being hit by teachers in school.

A lot of flsutrated priests surrounded by a lot boys..

haha, flustrated priests. I read 'flustered'.

Boys who aren't hit when they're kids turn out gay.

or so i was told

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back