smacking (1 Viewer)

I think you're almost right and but I disagree with your last sentance there, kids know who their parents our irregardless of the time spent around them. It's the bond you form and I don't think it can be quantified something as simple as hours spent with child

But like I said I agree that peoples busy lifestyles could be affecting discilpline from the point of view that if you don't see your child all the workiing week when you do get some time with them you want it to be fun and nice and pleasant, so it can be easy to "not go there" with the discipline or waste time sulking and sitting on bold steps or in this case slapping. You want your kids to have happy memorys of your time together like

yes, well it's a tough one, really isn't it?

though to your credit I'd say as a single dad you spend a lot of quality time with Eala, perhaps more than many non-single dads

We were just discussing this the other day... not slapping, but that we don't know what we're doing and we're just winging it. Isn't everybody?
That's what everyone does in relationships with everyone else though, so you should have plenty of experience if nothing else

I think people get hung up on "discipline", but really unless you're a real authoritarian what you're mostly doing with a kid is negotiating a peaceful solution to the problem of sharing a life with him/her

But you can see it quite a lot. Parents who want to "friends" with their kids so badly that they fail to even give out to them. You can see the kids running rings around them.

though to your credit I'd say as a single dad you spend a lot of quality time with Eala, perhaps more than many non-single dads

:)

I think people get hung up on "discipline", but really unless you're a real authoritarian what you're mostly doing with a kid is negotiating a peaceful solution to the problem of sharing a life with him/her

yeah but have you ever turned around and seen your kiddo doing something bold, or more likely possibly dangerous, and you shout out to them and suddenly you hear your dads voice coming out of your mouth

bizzaro...

Mother cat gives her kittens a clip across the head when they act inappropriately - in behaviourist terms it works, no need to make an enormous psychodrama out of it. Dysfunctional people will be disproportionally vigorous with it. I think the value of pacifism and the reasonable fear of all things authoritarian has been inverted into a debilitating horror of violence and mistrust of the idea of genuine authority, all leading to a weaker and more pliable target market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back