site names (3 Viewers)

Mr Creosote

Since 2000
Website
youtu.be
while I'm at it, can anyone tell me how TRM got their address to stay up on their site even though it appears to be on eircom's freeserver. I'm thinking of doing a site, I've done one already but the site name I registered was no more than a pointer.

For instance instead of saying http://homepage.eircom.net/~silage/home.htm it would just say www.silage.com

Up the IFA! ;)

Magic.

Either that or a "breakout from frames" javascript bit which you should be able to find on the modren interweb

or the frames trick i use for here what i did mention before

Magic.

Either that or a "breakout from frames" javascript bit which you should be able to find on the modren interweb

or the frames trick i use for here what i did mention before

i usually register stuff with register.com and they offer an option with their accounts called name stay, which allows you to keep the domain name in the address bar

the feckers usually charge a bit extra for this...

If you go to 123reg.co.uk domains are about a tenner per year and have this kind of forwarding for free.

ahh it was kirstie what first described the wonder of the breakout from frames script to me

she's very clever

really.

No problem, baby.

Me, I used www.namesdirect.com. Since registration my site is managed at www.mydomain.com. There you can set up "cloaked forwarding", as they call it. (Sounds like something Johnathan King might get up to at his local comprehensive, eh?)

daz (21 Nov, 2001 05:11 p.m.):
thanks to anne o'malley who gave me this information in the first place!!
:p

joker.com does a good service and it's cheap - $25 for a domain for 2 years. I haven't had a problem with Joker at all. It's pretty easy to point the domain to your hosting and I and I'm pretty sure there's no limit or extra charge on doing it.

Thanks again for the help. (Magic indeed Mr Pete!) - that Scott Ian photo is cool but I have to say Sawboss' picture is fuckin hilarious!! - and I think Chrith's name ith the funnietht. I did a review for a college paper, put in a bit about upcoming gigth, but I forgot the ed had a bit of a lithp so funnily enough it never appeared..

In 1989 I was 12, and for some reason took to wearing braces on my trousers, and waistcoats. I used to backcomb my fringe and hairspray it to fuck. All topped off with a flourescent green raincoat.

And I thought I was the fuckin Biz at the school Céilís.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back