site names (1 Viewer)

when we were all younger my two brothers once pissed down the back of the t.v. which was on at the time. my mother went mad when she found out and spent ages drying it out with a hairdryer.

pissing

This board is starting to feel like a shrink's couch:

One morning after a free gaf underage drinking fest in a mates place we all legged it downstairs thinking we were deadly and planning to drink any remaining beer from the night before.

I grabbed a particularly heavy can and proceeded to slug it back.

Cue the flashbacks of one of my buddies giggling with his back to us, pissing into said can.

I have far too many of these stories.

(Piss just tastes like cloudy stagnant water BTW)

it's kind of hard to imagine scandinavians getting really drunk and pissing and puking on each other in the middle of the night. we're such a nation of locklords.

i forgot to add to my dream story about waking up and feeling empty ... the girl invariably pisses in my bed. :(

Chrith (29 Nov, 2001 02:21 p.m.):
it's kind of hard to imagine scandinavians getting really drunk and pissing and puking on each other in the middle of the night. we're such a nation of locklords.
I've seen it happen in Iceland.
But not to the same extent. Only at weekends.
In most other countries, people just don't go out much.
And especially not to get wholly ratarsed.
What must they do with their time?

Swedish drinks laws are nuts!

Apparently its government regulation to put extra toxins into drink to make the hangovers worse. The offies are regulated by the govenment and are secured like fortresses! The level of alcoholism and alcohol related suicides was so bad that they introduced these measures in a vain attempt to stem it. Hmmm living in a place with so little sunlight would drive you to drink. Sort of like Sligo...

Unclealo (29 Nov, 2001 03:41 p.m.):
Swedish drinks laws are nuts!

Apparently its government regulation to put extra toxins into drink to make the hangovers worse. The offies are regulated by the govenment and are secured like fortresses! The level of alcoholism and alcohol related suicides was so bad that they introduced these measures in a vain attempt to stem it. Hmmm living in a place with so little sunlight would drive you to drink. Sort of like Sligo...

I never thought I'd see the day, but I'm actually defending the Swedish Government here. It is not true that they put extra toxins into their booze. They get the same imported stuff that the rest of Europe gets, so I can't see them opening every bottle and stuffing toxins in. In fact wine in Sweden is pretty cheap, as the Systembolaget is the biggest sole purchaser of wine in Europe, so they get that bulk thing going.
There are some down sides to all of this, as you hinted at, because they do regulate opening hours of the Systembolaget. You have to take time off work to buy booze, basically, unless you're willing to buy weak beer which you can get from your local supermarket.
Local, that is, if you live in Sweden.

They still drink like hooligans, by the way, but they don't tend to get drunk as often as we do. When they get drunk, they make sure they're drunk.

They still drink like hooligans, by the way, but they don't tend to get drunk as often as we do. When they get drunk, they make sure they're drunk.

and go to the toilet in the toilet.

but sure, you would'nt change the irishness of pissin all over the gaff for the world, wha'?

Good point - there's just not enough booze in the world.

Mind you, that would explain where all our piss went after it dribbled out of the wardrobe/telly/mate's hair.

Stewart Little (29 Nov, 2001 05:04 p.m.):
D'yhear that about alcohol consumption in Ireland going up by 41% in the last ten years?

I find it extremely hard to believe that there was 41% to spare.
Unless we're at like, 125% now...

Florian Fricked (29 Nov, 2001 04:45 p.m.):
[

I never thought I'd see the day, but I'm actually defending the Swedish Government here. It is not true that they put extra toxins into their booze. They get the same imported stuff that the rest of Europe gets, so I can't see them opening every bottle and stuffing toxins in.

When I was there I as told (by locals) that Swedish beers (and all imported beers) must conform to brewing regulations which mean that you get a nastier hang over that you should do... maybe they were just expressing their opinions on the motivation of these brewing regulations.

...or maybe they were just shitting me.

Or maybe they were afraid you'd drink all their beer, being Irish.

Unclealo (29 Nov, 2001 05:28 p.m.):
Florian Fricked (29 Nov, 2001 04:45 p.m.):
[

I never thought I'd see the day, but I'm actually defending the Swedish Government here. It is not true that they put extra toxins into their booze. They get the same imported stuff that the rest of Europe gets, so I can't see them opening every bottle and stuffing toxins in.

When I was there I as told (by locals) that Swedish beers (and all imported beers) must conform to brewing regulations which mean that you get a nastier hang over that you should do... maybe they were just expressing their opinions on the motivation of these brewing regulations.

...or maybe they were just shitting me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back