Secterianism (1 Viewer)

Scotland's pretty fucking sectarian too, it's by no means just a northern thing. I always had the impression that the sectarian feelings up the north were held, but also kept fairly well under wraps by the majority of people (obviously not by bigots) but in scotland the rivalry and animosity between celtic and rangers fans is really in yer face.

oh shit said:
ciaran took on the might of the school chaplaincy - and lost

i was caught with hash in school and instead of getting immediately expelled i was brought to have a chat with the school chaplain or for a chatlain as it was known. Being christian brothers I think they suspected that i musta had serious personal issues, like problems at home, for me to ''turn to drugs." When they saw that i was relatively well adjusted and posed little or no threat to myself or anyone else they called my folks in a told them that i they wouldn't be accepting me back the following year.

jeez i had no idea craigavon was that bad...i just thought it was full of assholes..but thanks to my old job i got to travel to many of the fine cities of norn ireland and some were far scarier than others..we had a taxi driver in belfast who when he found out we were goin on to derry kept calling it londonderry..i was just sittin in the back with my mouth shut so he wouldnt drive us into a forest and kill us...my mate james is a nordie though so he kept the conversation flowin..and i also got to stay in the culloden that night so i cant really complain:)

There's a Paisleyite wing of my Dad's family, odd people. When they came to my Gran's house in Portadown when she died recently they kept giving funny looks to the southern contingent of the family.

Somehow the conversation turned to free transport for pensioners in the republic and they seemed rather surprised when I told them that everyone born on the island was entitled to it and suggested that their elderly father might want to consider applying for it so he could travel around the place. Then there was the London/derry disagreement.

kirstie said:
Scotland's pretty fucking sectarian too, it's by no means just a northern thing. I always had the impression that the sectarian feelings up the north were held, but also kept fairly well under wraps by the majority of people (obviously not by bigots) but in scotland the rivalry and animosity between celtic and rangers fans is really in yer face.

hmmm comparable yes, but the north is on an entirely more severe scale surely:confused:

c0De_n1NjA said:
northern ireland should be sawn off and floated up to greenland.
That's a bit too obvious, though, isn't it? It'd be better if, through some kind of geothermal process, Northern Ireland was sucked under the rest of the country, to reappear as a giant cock-shaped peninsula attached to Cork.

ITalkShite said:
Homo Bogtrotterus
too fuckin right
IMG_0166new.JPG

"who fears to speak of footing turf"

Set aside your petty differences, frens. Instead, focus on taking the piss out of people from the midlands. Or Leitrim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back