Secrets that you've kept from your parents (5 Viewers)

The usual sex/drugs/rock'n'roll stuff that they just wouldn't want to know about or understand, but also a tattoo I've had on my lower back for the last 4 years. It helps I live in a different country I suppose, but I always have to remember to wear stuff that covers it up when I go home.

I've a couple piercings they don't know about but if i got a tattoo, i'd definitely tell them about it, even though i know the father hates tattoos. Save me the trouble of some big "how could you keep it from us" blowup thing.

The usual sex/drugs/rock'n'roll stuff that they just wouldn't want to know about or understand, but also a tattoo I've had on my lower back for the last 4 years. It helps I live in a different country I suppose, but I always have to remember to wear stuff that covers it up when I go home.

I used to work with a lad on the bin lorries who spent some time in England. He came back with tattoos all over his arms. He didn’t want his dad to know about them, but he got a job on the lorries, and his dad was the lorry driver.
So, it was the middle of July, it’s quite sweaty work, but yerman worked the whole day in a woolly jumper to cover his arms, and he was dieing. Near the end of the day the aul lad said laughing “will you not take off that jumper?”
“No da, I’m grand”
“Why not?”
“I’m grand I said!”
“I know about your tattoo’s by the way, your mother told me.”
“?! You could have told me earlier!”
“Yeah I know, HAHHAHAHAHAAA!”

I used to work with a lad on the bin lorries who spent some time in England. He came back with tattoos all over his arms. He didn’t want his dad to know about them, but he got a job on the lorries, and his dad was the lorry driver.
So, it was the middle of July, it’s quite sweaty work, but yerman worked the whole day in a woolly jumper to cover his arms, and he was dieing. Near the end of the day the aul lad said laughing “will you not take off that jumper?”
“No da, I’m grand”
“Why not?”
“I’m grand I said!”
“I know about your tattoo’s by the way, your mother told me.”
“?! You could have told me earlier!”
“Yeah I know, HAHHAHAHAHAAA!”

Ha classic Seanc's former workmate's dad.

what would have happened if the two of you had encountered a 'boy in a yellow tracklist'?

bruce.jpg

I've a couple piercings they don't know about but if i got a tattoo, i'd definitely tell them about it, even though i know the father hates tattoos. Save me the trouble of some big "how could you keep it from us" blowup thing.
Well, yes, there's that, but at least mine is somewhere they're not likely to see it.

Mind you, I'm getting another one in 6 years time (next landmark birthday) and it will be in a more visible place, covering up scar tissue on my shoulder. So I'll have to come out of the closet then :)

who spent some time in England.

that's the flavour of expression you don't hear very much this days...takes you back to the old pre-ryanair emigration days, when having spent sometime abroad marked you out somehow, and when people went, they went. I remember my sister 'taking the boat' to England to get work in London in the late eighties then my other sister followed the next year, and my mother crying in Dun Laoghaire harbour as if she'd lost them for good.

..but I digress.
I remember when i returned from 'having spent sometime' in scotland with my first tattoo. The next time I visited the folks I made sure to wear a t-shirt to display it and just get it over with. Inevitably my mother asked would it come off.

My mate couldn't believe I'd actually pay a protestant to repeatedly stab me in the arm! :D

i cant seem to keep stuff from my mam. once i nearly accused her of robbing some mdma of me that i had planned to sell.... good idea bad idea

A mate's ma is the real worrying type of ma (like my own). She found pills in his bedside cabinet once and went fucking mental. He managed to argue her around to his side. Now she's down with it.

I'd be less sure your parents don't know about all the stuff you want to keep from them.. I remember my ma telling me about how her and her sisters used to have crafty cigs in attic room of the house, and that they'd managed to sneak boys home under grannies nose.

Couple of months later was chatting to granny about telling my mum about my first proper (nudge wink etc) girlfriend, and she said "ach I remember the girls used to sneak boys home rather than introduce them, so you might as well. That wasn't so bad as the smoking in the attic room though.. I used to go up in january and all the windows were open, which was pretty obvious"!!

Cue me starting to tell my mum about the girl and her first response being "is this the girl you've been so sneaky about". I suddenly realised that's probly why she mentioned sneaking boys home. Still - the look on her face when I told her granny knew all about her shenanigans was worth it.

Mums. Mad.

My parents didn't know i smoked cigarettes and still may not and i live at home. They did however find a bud of weed in my room when i was on holidays there and they threw it out and never said anything to me, so presumably they do know i smoke now.

I think the only thing my parents dont know about is the ring going through my japs eye. Pretty sure they know all of my other sins but are in denial.

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive-just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

secret secret, he's got a secret

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back