"scumbags... skangers... knackers" (1 Viewer)

Ahh..I remembered this I made for an old yet vaguely similar thread..

I present........Knackers In Pyjamas(in America for some reason)
chavsgo-usa.jpg

Not on a national level, but if you open up the courts pages for any town/regional newspaper, you'll see loads of cases where offenders are given leaner sentences due to their poor/dysfunctional/crap backgrounds.

It's high time the government started taking a zero tolerance approach against assaults/petty crime.

Care to point some out to me? I seem to have missed this happening over the last 30 odd years in my locality.

But can you give me an example of something like a court ruling where this happens or is it all just hearsay and people you know excusing this behaviour or does it actually happen where it matters?

I never mentioned the court system,my reference was more related to certain elements of the media and society who use disadvantage as an excuse for anti-social behaviour like it covers all evils.It doesn't and neither should it be used as a cover-all,doing that absolves people of their guilt and as said before discredits people in similar disadvantaged situations who don't go about thrashing the place and randomly attacking strangers.

well, say you have a guy in front of the courts for aggravated assault who was beaten by his dad when he was a kid.
does his past provide an excuse for his behaviour? probably not.
if he hadn't been beaten as a kid, would it be safe to say his life would have taken a less troubled turn? probably.

so how much can you say he's a victim of circumstance?

Not on a national level, but if you open up the courts pages for any town/regional newspaper, you'll see loads of cases where offenders are given leaner sentences due to their poor/dysfunctional/crap backgrounds.

It's high time the government started taking a zero tolerance approach against assaults/petty crime.

Zero tolerance won't work.
The Gards don't care and if you ask them to arrest more offenders they will moan about getting more resources, which means more overtime, which they will spend doing fuck all like they always do.
The courts won't comply with a zero tolerance approach as they consider sentencing their remit, not the government's. Send an 'ssk' up for a petty offence and they will send him home.
And the prisons won't help. The system is at capacity. Those convicted of minor offenses are often let out after a day or two by prison authorities, no matter what the sentence.

And anyway prison has no effect on the SSKs. It's become part of life for a lot of them.
And punishment is not a true deterrent for crime, the chances of getting caught are. And those chances are usually pretty low, which emboldens and so on etc etc.

Your best bet as a civilian is to limit your nighttime activity and when you do go out, take taxis everywhere.

They mostly come at night. Mostly.

well, say you have a guy in front of the courts for aggravated assault who was beaten by his dad when he was a kid.
does his past provide an excuse for his behaviour? probably not.
if he hadn't been beaten as a kid, would it be safe to say his life would have taken a less troubled turn? probably.

so how much can you say he's a victim of circumstance?

I don't necessarily disagree that peoples circumstances can affect their behaviour later in life,I just don't think it should be used as an excuse to cover all sins.Like I keep saying,there's plenty of people in bad situations,most of them don't behave in such a manner though.

While we're at it, why the fuck do so many people from outside Dublin treat Dubliners like shit? I've heard terms like culchie/bogger/bogman/mucker/mickeymuck/mucksavage etc. but there's rarely actual hatred on the part of Dubliners for people from beyond the county. I've been on the receiving end of condescension, downright abuse, and sometimes surprise, on the part of non-Dubliners because I'm from Dublin. But yeah scumbag is a fine term and shouldn't be eschewed lightly. Those other classist and racist terms are pretty funny sometimes but yeah we shouldn't really use them. There are a surprising amount of lefties in every way you can be lefty who HATE working class people because of the tiny minority who are loud, obnoxious, and seem to have trouble painted on their faces. By the way, if you're civil and respectful to most people, they'll be the same to you, regardless of breed, creed, region, legion, etc.

I'd buy a tune called Discoknacker without even hearing it

While we're at it, why the fuck do so many people from outside Dublin treat Dubliners like shit? I've heard terms like culchie/bogger/bogman/mucker/mickeymuck/mucksavage etc. but there's rarely actual hatred on the part of Dubliners for people from beyond the county.
because culchies are ignorant idiots

someone should base their masters thesis on this thread

hypothetically speaking, its potentially possible a vague likelyhood that he bribed the fuck out of everyone involved.

I've got nothing against real life dubs. ex culchies moving to dublin who live in constant hatred of any possible reminder of life outside dublin and dublin greater, particularly those who harbor a resentment for irish culture in general in case it betrays their new found sophistication are the ones i'm racist against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back