San Marino game (1 Viewer)

Yes.
Any ex-international who is still playing professional football.

What's the harm in making oneself 'available for selection'?

Sure, the trio you mentioned may not be world class or comparable to Joel Bats, Arnold Muhren, Toni Polster etc but it's the principle that concerns me.

I know lots of people will disagree me with here but I genuinely think it's unacceptable for someone to play for their club but refuse to play for their country.

yeah it's bullshit. I'd fucking way prefer to play for Ireland than some asshole club. especially if you could make a difference. but Matty Holland never had any business playing for Ireland. ditto for Worzel Gummidge Kilbane.

It's times like this that I am glad I am old enough to remember Ireland when they had moderate success under Charlton and McCarthy but I am also old enough to remember the drivel that they were in the 70's/most of 80's.
But Staunton and the present set up are possibly the worse I remember so far.....I know we have less names and erm no english or scottish players to call on but

Staunton/Delaney out out out!

/reminds me of the early 80's and Maggie Maggie Maggie!

Joe Duffy is talking about it now. Delaney and Staunton refused to comment so poor old Bobby Robson has been takin stick off the public. He sounds knackered.

lads, i'll come back and read all this later. don't think i've ever seen a thread expand so quickly. one word: diabolical.

stan out. i mean, it's fucking obvious, right? jeeeeeeesus.

by the end i was cheering for san marino. i was wanting us to lose. then there woiuld be no equivocation or hiding. it's my fucking country, it's my f.a. can't we storm teh buildings or something, have a revolution?

Fair fucks to Robson for going on Liveline and taking the (undeserved in his case) stick. He's a gentleman and he's in an impossible position. I'd forgotten how much of an asshole Joe Duffy is, rabbiting on about mobile phone coverage, prick.

If Delaney or Stanton had any sort of backbone they'd have been on the radio.

Terrible.
Keane is no captain.
Drop em all. Kids in, shites out.
Sack plank. Team of Dunphy, Giles & Brady as management. Make a reality programme about it. Dressing room access the lot. What’s to lose….
Help me Jesus.
Irelands goal saved my 200 bob Croke Park ticket. Thank you Stephen for this slight glimmer of hope in this dog shit incrusted campaign.
I’m going the pub. Anyone?

who the fuck bet on san marino or a draw or did you put tens of thousands
on an ireland win in the bookies ?

who the fuck bet on san marino or a draw or did you put tens of thousands
on an ireland win in the bookies ?

nah.. nah, man.

No gambling involved. If we had of drew last nite i would have got rid of my ticket for all the upcoming Croke Park games. 200 bob for the 4 games i paid. naaameeen.

Speaking of Sir Bobby, is he still actually on the scene with Ireland? It's obvious Stan is lost without him. We should bring Big Ron in, even if only for comedy value.

interview was same old jibberish.
dobson was trying to sock it to him in fairness, kind of stuttering on words in parts but delaney has answered all this shite before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back