San Marino game (1 Viewer)

Anyone else notice Robbies "Oo-er, this looks a bit fucking messy" expression, just before the camera switched to the other end of the pitch and SAN MARINO SCORED.

StauntonSteve060813LooksonGbg.jpg

"We got da tree points."

Anyone else notice Robbies "Oo-er, this looks a bit fucking messy" expression, just before the camera switched to the other end of the pitch and SAN MARINO SCORED.
by Johnnyc

fucking yes!!!!priceless wasnt it.
best moment of the night for me. hilarious stuff. this being the captain!!

3 cheers for holland,slovenia,cz rep,croatia

i got nearly 10-1 on them boys

woulda got way more had traffic not been so shit
i was 5 mins late to bet on germany

you can get deadly odds on friendlys
and they were important cos everyone has big qualiers comin soon

actually, another observation.
anyone notice some fan taking out a white banner in the crowd when it gone to 1-1?you could clearly see OUT in black capital letter. seems like a fan paid money to go over there to support his team. and if things were to go drastically wrong,as they did, he was also prepared. Idiot, if it did say stan out, he should have thrown it out there anyway.

3 cheers for holland,slovenia,cz rep,croatia

i got nearly 10-1 on them boys

woulda got way more had traffic not been so shit
i was 5 mins late to bet on germany

you can get deadly odds on friendlys
and they were important cos everyone has big qualiers comin soon

I had €20 on Spain at an incredible 13-5 .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

actually, another observation.
anyone notice some fan taking out a white banner in the crowd when it gone to 1-1?you could clearly see OUT in black capital letter. seems like a fan paid money to go over there to support his team. and if things were to go drastically wrong,as they did, he was also prepared. Idiot, if it did say stan out, he should have thrown it out there anyway.

according to Radio 1, it said 'Delaney Out'.

Stan called San Marinio "a handful" who will go on to do things in the group.

Now it's one thing being a bad manager but is he actually touched?
The panel on TV3 were visibly disgusted but too easy on their old pal, bar maybe Kevin Moran who's face was all scrunched up for the whole post match interview in embarrassment.

I feel sorry for San Marino, would've been amazing for them. It's still SHITE for us and now nothing will be done cos "we gah de tree pints"

Fucking hell.. Just when I was starting to get a tiny bit optimistic about Ireland again. Another lethargic, desireless kind of performance of the kind that have become the default for us over the last four years. The SM goal was total comedy - what the hell was Henderson up to bolting out of the box like that when there were two defenders chasing back? On the upside, we've become a kind of Santa team in terms of gifting small nations with great results.. the phones at the FAI must be ringing off the hook with calls from Lichtenstein, Andorra, Malta etc..

In all seriousness, I have the upmost respect for Stan, as a player and a person. I'm a Villa fan, I'm from louth - I've followed the guys career closely and I definately have a lot of time for the guy, but there is something VERY strange going on with his management of the team. And his post-match interviews....painful.

Sure we don't have the players we used to. Gone are the days of Houghton, Aldo, McGrath, Townsend, Keano... but we still do have some decent players at our disposal. So how the hell can we struggle against sides like Cyprus and San Marino? You would honestly say that Drogheda United could beat San Marino. Heck, Coventry U-18s could beat them, given the quality of training and facilities at their disposal all year round.

How can we get hammered by Cyprus...almost beat the Czechs... but then make a show of ourselves against San Marino? There surely must be something in the preparation that is very wrong indeed.

that was depressing.
there doesn't seem to be any leadership at all. Robbie should not be the captain. The players were awful tonight though, Harte gave the ball away a few times and Stephen Ireland left a few balls astray too.
Stan was a real motivator back in his playing days.. but he doesn't seem to be able to motivate these lads.

hunt looked spritely, if a little too eager when he came on... i dunno. missed Reid, Given and someone of international quality out there.

At least we won. i mean, i'm quietly hoping this is the (second) kick up the backside we need...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back