San Marino game (1 Viewer)

It's a bit early for a Mexican wave.
Long gets his call-up. No harm in that. And poor Paddy is still out for 'personal reasons'. That dirty dirty woman.

fifa edict on goalkeepers eyebrows. gotta have two, says platini.

i'm on the couch for this.

The Republic of Ireland's trip to San Marino has begun in farcical circumstances, with their plane forced to return to Dublin airport after 90 minutes in the air above the capital.
The pilot on the Czech Airlines flight to Rimini discovered he was unable to raise the undercarriage after taking off but could not land again immediately until a slot became available.
The passengers - including the Irish squad, Football Association of Ireland officials, media and fans - then had to wait on the runway until the fault was corrected.

It is thought a member of the ground crew failed to remove a pin from one of the wheels.

still trying to get me head round stan playing long though ! why is long ready after a couple of goals but stokes was never ready after 16 ? would love to see hunt get a game as well (maybe he is holding him off for the czech game to scare the shit out of cech)

still trying to get me head round stan playing long though ! why is long ready after a couple of goals but stokes was never ready after 16 ? would love to see hunt get a game as well (maybe he is holding him off for the czech game to scare the shit out of cech)

right time right place. A couple in the Premiership as soon as he gets a go is probably worth a run out against San Marino to be honest.

yeah, the czehs will be all like "is that brian robertson?"

jason byrne got more than 16 in eircom league
doesnt mean he'll get loads in the prem
stokes hasnt got any for sunderland yet
strugglin to get a game in the first division
long is getting a few for reading in the last while

jason byrne got more than 16 in eircom league
doesnt mean he'll get loads in the prem
stokes hasnt got any for sunderland yet
strugglin to get a game in the first division
long is getting a few for reading in the last while

I thought Stokes had an injury lately, hence his lack of games for Funderland?

I thought Stokes had an injury lately, hence his lack of games for Funderland?

Yeah he missed a game or two alright. And Long is currently in great form. I'm a bit miffed Harte is starting..he's only played twice or something all season for Levante because of injury and didn't play at the weekend. I know he's good with free-kicks but still. Same with O'Shea. His most notable contribution to United this season has been the 5 minutes he spent in goal last sunday. Unfair they walk in to the team. Hunt should be in for Kilbane without a doubt, he's absolutely on fire for Reading. Stan's obviously going for experience there but come on we're playing San Marino, they were EASILY the worst international team I've ever seen Ireland play.

kilbane's 41st consecutive game. i believe it is a european record. also - only 25 more games and he's the most capped irish player ever.

sums it up really.

san marino'll be hockeyed, i'm going to say 4-0.

long'll score, and keane too.
i'd say stokes and hunt will get a run too...

not really worth going to the pub for...

not saying long doesnt deserve a game, he is playing well in the prem. But just some of the other choices coupled with the form of the new players! Why is kilbane in and not hunt ? why the fuck is gibson there ? why was geary not called in when carr dropped out ? Stans choices really are baffling

Stephen Ward should have been in the squad too, he promised new blood and new faces and as was said above it's only san marino so there would be no better time to give young lads a run out.

Robbie Keane will flap his arms, get in Hunt's way a lot, not challenge for every header, and score a few tap ins.

If we're really lucky we'll get a cartwheel or two.

What a showman.

Robbie's set to become Ireland's all-time top penalty appealler tonight.

keane_appeal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back