San Marino game (1 Viewer)

"San Mourinho".

...as I believe Johnnie Giles called them on NewsTalk tonight.

Giles actually got off the fence last night and said Staunton should go.

The post match press conference was ridiculous. Robbie Keane is a fuckin mongo and Staunton is a deluded stubborn prick.

"were a better team in march"

"we play better against the better teams"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Help.

"I'm the boss, I'm the gaffer, the buck stops with me.." by that of course I mean I'll do my one contractual interview then will send out my boss and assistant manager to do every other interview.

Fuck Off Stan and do the honourable thing and quit at this rate we'll be in an even lower pot come the next world cup draw.

True. After San Marino equalised, I was disappointed when we got the winner as it meant that there was a chance that Stan would stay on. I reckon many people were the same. He blightens the whole Irish game. Although I do agree that Delaney is the real asshole. That nonsense with not allowing Dundalk, who got the points, to be promoted and instead giving it to Galway, who play anything but soccer, really gets on my wick. The confidence in the FAI Premier League here this season will be at an all time low, already evidenced by the mass exodus of decent players and the implosion of the likes of Shels and Cork. Enough messing! Get a footballer and not an accountant into that job. I'd say Quinn, but, you know. Anyone else though.

there's something very wrong with the players though. tactics and good training sessions are important, of course, but these guys should be able to pull a game together. What the fuck is wrong with them? We'd be better scrapping the whole lot and putting a bunch of skillful angry scumbags out there and have them trained by some maniac like Hiddink. Some killer instinct is what we need. players starving for a game, with "Eire 32" tattoos on their face. Angry players. No bloated salaries from pricky premiership clubs. It's all bullshit.

Oh and fuck Kevin Moran. he can shut his ass. I don't want to hear any bullshit about 'we expect too much'. Fuck that. we expect a game of football of a decent standard. we expect our team to be able to score goals that don't involve 15 deflections - ending with an in off Zinedine Kilbane's rubber face. we expect to be able to qualify for tournaments and not be some embarrassment. that's not too much to expect, you fucking son of a bitch Moran!

If we can just get a team that goes out and plays "football" with drive and passion - that will do for me. Lads like Stephen Hunt (who looks genuinely ecstatic just to be a footballer at all) should be brought into the team. Hungry players.

Thing is, we pretty much had all those attributes against the Czechs... so WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??????

See the headline in the Irish Daily Star today?

STAN'S TALKING SHITE
says Shay Given's dad!

Fucking brilliant!

P.S this is possibly the best thread ever on Thumped, and that online petition is also one of the funniest things ever!

but Matty Holland never had any business playing for Ireland. ditto for Worzel Gummidge Kilbane.

kkk.gif

more like:

pira.gif

and anyway, it's not 'brits out', it's because they probably couldn't give two shits about playing for Ireland, they just did it cos they weren't good enough to play for England. certainly seems to be how Matty thinks.

Fuck that shit.. Kilbane's one of the handful of players who actually seem to care about their performances for Ireland at the moment, irrespective of what people think of his football ability. I really think there's a much deeper problem than just a bad manager with Ireland at the moment.. it's hard to think of even 4 or 5 performances since the 2002 World Cup where they've really raised their game, and the best ones have been in friendlies. The prospect of playing for Ireland just doesn't seem to be a motivation in itself anymore.

Fuck that shit.. Kilbane's one of the handful of players who actually seem to care about their performances for Ireland at the moment, irrespective of what people think of his football ability. I really think there's a much deeper problem than just a bad manager with Ireland at the moment.. it's hard to think of even 4 or 5 performances since the 2002 World Cup where they've really raised their game, and the best ones have been in friendlies. The prospect of playing for Ireland just doesn't seem to be a motivation in itself anymore.

fair - Kilbane may care, but he sucks.

i cant believe some of you wanted ireland to draw
are you fucking stupid

when ireland are knocked out they can lose the rest
all they want

planes can fall out of skies

fair - Kilbane may care, but he sucks.

as opposed to those who don't care and suck.
i agree with Richie on Kilbane.
I swear to God though the campaign must be maintained to get rid of Staunton and Delaney. It's typical cowardice to have Bobby Robson on the radio. he's a gentleman, but he's a 130 year old invalid for fuck sake. he shouldn't even be there. But to answer his question on who could come in before the end of the campaign, the truth is that Ireland would be better off with no fuckin' manager at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back