Roisín Ingle Sacked Twice In One Week? (2 Viewers)

I have only heard him doing bits for other people's shows, where he is quite good. Haven't listened to his show, though. Is it not good? I assumed it probably was, but again, haven't heard it.

Amazin to hear someone to bullshit their way though a newspaper review when they have fuck all knowledge or interest of news and current affairs.

Arts show did loads of theatre but new show dosent, i was told by the producer that its because the new presenter knows nothing about theatre, now why would you hire someone like that to present a arts show?

Media Matters was deadly, used work on that sometimes, maybe it only interests journalists.

in fairness brenda power is WAY worse.

I've read some good articles by her but I cant listen to her

and I don't think shed be much good doing backing vocals on 'No Frontiers'

I don't think she has pigtails either, nor should she

Amazin to hear someone to bullshit their way though a newspaper review when they have fuck all knowledge or interest of news and current affairs.

Arts show did loads of theatre but new show dosent, i was told by the producer that its because the new presenter knows nothing about theatre, now why would you hire someone like that to present a arts show?

Media Matters was deadly, used work on that sometimes, maybe it only interests journalists.

I think Media Matters was just too smart and funny. It was miles ahead of a lot of the other programming, but because it was a show about media, I think people couldn't categorise it properly so it was treated like 'filler'. It was never, ever boring. It was clever, and sometimes it was ridiculously funny without stooping to the level of adolescent humour.

As for the arts show, surely it doesn't really matter how much the presenter knows, so long as they make up for his knowledge deficit by bringing on contributors who know stuff he doesn't, and directing the discussion accordingly?

The guy who did the Arts show on RTE was like that. he was quite open about the fact that he wasn't a theatre luvvy or that well versed in film, arts, yadda yadda. he did a good job of making joe soaps like himself interested in these things with his genuine enthusiasm

and so they axed his show

As for the arts show, surely it doesn't really matter how much the presenter knows, so long as they make up for his knowledge deficit by bringing on contributors who know stuff he doesn't, and directing the discussion accordingly?

Not when a whole area of the arts is excluded from a show! in ireland we dont make many films, we're more of a theatre country, so we have a far greater possibilty of having a good stream of contributors in that area. Still it's all about whose hole ya lick!

The guy who did the Arts show on RTE was like that. he was quite open about the fact that he wasn't a theatre luvvy or that well versed in film, arts, yadda yadda. he did a good job of making joe soaps like himself interested in these things with his genuine enthusiasm

and so they axed his show

who was that? I don't want a bigger eejit than me tellin me about stuff

I want someone smarter

have to piss lads, dying of the flu as well

Roisin Ingle and Orla Barry are two very good reasons why women should have the vote taken back off them. If I was a woman those two would have me down the surgeons picking mickeys out of a book.

i always make sure Im out of the hosue and into work before brenda power starts. she is competing with joe duffy for 'de voice of de peeple' laurels. In fact newstalk in general is starting to develop a tabloid moral outrage kinda tone from time to time.

I will never forgive newstalk for shaving an hour off the wide angle on sat mornings for ingles self congratulatory tit-fest. and i have long harboured a strong dislike for that barry yoke. Thanks god they havent stopped hooky doing his 'thought of the day' piece every so often.

I think she's alright. I changed my opinion of her when I heard her talking to you one day.

I'm fickle like that

The pigtails, generally to be encouraged are a mistake in this case though

she's lovely, really warm and friendly, I like her a lot.

Ps: and no Fiachra, no one has hacked my account.

She was a year or 2 above me in secondary school. She hung around with a bunch of people I didn't like much but she was always sound.

I've read some good articles by her but I cant listen to her

and I don't think shed be much good doing backing vocals on 'No Frontiers'

I don't think she has pigtails either, nor should she

were the articles all about whether or not we should call in the army and declare martial law in response to anti social behaviour by any chance?

I'm still reeling from my foolish purchase of his Lonley Planet Dublin guide. Including an area of Dublin called SoDa (South of Dame Street) and recommending the Glimmer Man as a nice pub. My feelings on it are best summed up as: :eek:

the glimmer man IS lovely though. I especially like the greasy, stained banquettes and the UV lighting in the jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back