Roisín Ingle Sacked Twice In One Week? (1 Viewer)

the strange guy

I LOVE ALLAH YOUSE
Website
Visit site
She's not doing everyone's favourite Irish Times column any more.
Her weekend show on Newstalk has been axed.
What's the story?
Anyone have any idea how they're going to manage next Saturday?

I thought she was going to be writing something more serious for the Irish Times. My memory is vague though.

I just tried to get on to ireland.com there to try and find out, and I got a 500 error, so maybe they're firing her for sitting on the server.

but she will be writing every wednesday - so i dont think sacked is the right word for the irish times. hopefully they wont use a picture of her wearing those awful pigtails. and hopefully she'll write about more than her feelings.

-actually i never read the column so she can write about what she likes

THANK GOD SHE'S NOT GONE!
Next Wednesday I'll be curled up with her on the sofa with a hot mug of tea and my fluffy jumper and slippers on.
It won't be the same doing it mid-week though.

Roisín is my idea of the perfect best friend.
She's always up for a chat, a shopping trip into town or a girly night in.
But if that bitch ever thinks she can stab me in the back by writing a column about the secrets I told her, she's got another thing coming.

She's not doing everyone's favourite Irish Times column any more.
Her weekend show on Newstalk has been axed.
What's the story?
Anyone have any idea how they're going to manage next Saturday?

Weekend doesn't count as The Irish Times, it's a countermeasure you throw at your girlfriend so you can read the rest of Saturday's paper.

In fairness, the Newstalk show was kind of horrible, like being stuck next to a table of noisy opinionated cunts in Kehoe's.

Róisín's alright though.

nurpe, she decided to move on from both things and concentrate on features. I think it's a crying shame about newstalk because she was really bloody good. But it can't be easy holding down what amounts to 2 jobs and never getting a lie-in of a saturday.

I think she's alright. I changed my opinion of her when I heard her talking to you one day.

I'm fickle like that

The pigtails, generally to be encouraged are a mistake in this case though

slim hope, but i wish they'd bring back the arts and culture show on saturdays. it turned out that a gossipy girly brunch really harshed my listening-to-the-radio-with-my-head-under-the-duvet buzz.

slim hope, but i wish they'd bring back the arts and culture show on saturdays. it turned out that a gossipy girly brunch really harshed my listening-to-the-radio-with-my-head-under-the-duvet buzz.

Me, too. I didn't like who they had hosting, though. She was far too I-did-so-well-on-my-leaving-it-would-make-your-eyes-bleed smug for me to listen to for very long, and she sounded flat and lifeless. You need someone lively for that sort of thing.

I also really like that show Media Matters with Roger Greene, whom I thought was pretty fucking funny. I thnk it's still on, but it's been relegated to a crappy time.

Anyway, there are many worse people on earth than Roisin Ingle. I just wish some radio station would -- for ONCE -- have the balls to deviate from the notion that radio-aimed-mainly-at-women = vapid/self-loathing. At least she didn't seem to lapse into the thing where topics revolved around how shitty women are, although I'm not sure because I didn't listen that often.

She sang along with Mary Black last week

quite well too

but the pigtails?- lose em girlfriend

(waves hand, black american woman style)

See also: Observer Woman. Or any other women's magazine for that matter.

Except Ms, Bitch, Bust, etc.

But yeah. Women's mags and supplements in general are shite. But then, I guess it works on the flipside, too -- look at the rubbish in men's mags. I think it's just that when demographics are divided on gender lines, all of a sudden, people are assumed to be total fucking dicks whether they are male or female.

Anyway, don't get me started on Orla Barry. I can't listen to her show at all. I don't care if she's sound in real life or whatever, she'll do things like present a 'balanced' view by having debates like, "Women: why are they so crap?" Which doesn't really help. It's like Jerry Springer without the chairs and it makes me want to throw things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back