Riot in O'Connell st. (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter MrT
  • Start date
  • Replies 410
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 17
dudley said:
how is smashing up a private ambulance a political move? how is smashing in the windows of that metro supermarket on whatever that street between grafton st and dame st a political move?

Politics is used as an excuse for this behaviour.

dudley said:
but 95% of this was scumbags looking to act like shitheads

Yes, but they were there because of their politics, they all had tricolours and celtic tops on. The violence wasn't random . There were people chucking golf balls at police and journalists - were they on the way for a round of golf? I doubt it.

spiritualtramp said:
And I don't like being derepped for pointing out that politics has something to do with this.

Ok, I'm sorry for telling you to get fucked.

I'm pretty irked at the moment.

Word on the street is that there is a police officer very seriously injured.
Ah dont worry about it. sure its grand

"politics brings out the worst in everyone.
and i mean the people here arguing over the whole thing."

I haven't heard anything really nasty being said. I wouldn't call this thread an argument more a discussion?
If more people were discussing the subject like this rather than chucking golf balls the world would be a better place.

Words are the way.

seanc said:
Ah dont worry about it

Ah good. No hard feelings I hope :heart::heart::heart:

RE the pearse st thing, there was major trouble in the station. All the rioter headed over oconnell bridge and by the station - you think they'd just leave it alone?

As for trying to get to Leinster House - why else would they be trying to go up Nassau street?

spiritualtramp said:
Ah good. No hard feelings I hope :heart::heart::heart:

RE the pearse st thing, there was major trouble in the station. All the rioter headed over oconnell bridge and by the station - you think they'd just leave it alone?

As for trying to get to Leinster House - why else would they be trying to go up Nassau street?

Knobs and Knockers sale.

ah yeah. no, its good to see people discussing.
its more just politics in general.
i tend to avoid political discussions.
but today did really shock me.

I really wanted to go to the march and just laugh at them. I didn't figure on the scumbags though, which was a bit foolish of me. I didn't go at any rate.

I'd say Parnell Mooney's will be bopping tonight!

just saw on the news there some little knacker running out of champion sports nicking a pair of shoes only to be met by two guards. looting????
in dublin in 2006??? frightening stuff.

I was in work (waterstones) when they "stormed" the Jervis centre. Home now after security shut the place down. Bit bizarre seeing riot police legging it up the escalators. I think about 100 or so of the rioters just ran from one end of the complex to the other. I missed most of this though, due to being stuck behind a till. They didn't even do any damage! Most of the shoppers seem quite bemused by the whole thing. No one hurt, thankfully.

Lefty Frizzell said:
RTEs TV and radio coverage or lack of which is laughable.

newstalks coverage has been excellent. some compelling interviews from the streets on there a few mins ago.
Word, friend of mine got a call about this from the pale around half four, and we couln't get anything on telly or radio about it until the news at half five on TNaG (or something) and after ten minutes they moved on after ten minutes. Bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back