Reviews (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..quick! leg it!.. it's the cops!!!!

Right.

Who's this party here?

You'd do well now to get home as quick as possible now, or I'll run you all in.

Ti's a deserted corner of the internet you're in now, and a man could get the wrong idea.

And bring that Speed Racer thing with yiz. He's in mortal danger if left out in the open for long.

Go aaan away home with yiz now. Go aaaan now.

Yeah, yeah. Yep. It's the same little bastards alright, sarge. Drinking cider and talking about talking shite. I was going to bring them in but the one called Hector started growling. Alright. I'm on me way back. What's the score? Is Sarsfield's still in front? Get away with ye. Right so. What? Onion ring and chip? Right so.

does this constitute off topic?

was anything resolved?

blumming rabbi.

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
Can people not just start a thread with their review of something instead of having all these editorial control stuff? Man, this is the internet. We're free, just like the sixties only with computers this time. I am currently naked with a bong in a cybercafe. Our kids will never believe life used be like this.

See the "Girls Against Boys" thread down the board somewhere - everyone giving there humble opinion about the album, band and all...
But then the board would be over-run by review threads...no?

I`d review something - considering i have`nt heard most of the bands most of you are.
And i`ve probably met no one here either.
Independent - non-biased opinions!

less criticism more production

oh dear, i feel inclined to write a criticism of the act of criticism... (holds breath and trys not to dissappear up his own ass in a giant canabalistic faeces thing)...ok ok i'll pre-empt my own criticism of criticism and admit that i am almost certainly the most critical person i know

because i realise how critical i am i also understand the importance of balancing that negativity with positive contributions to society.

there's a definate need to produce things rather than just criticise things because otherwise you end up with criticism of criticism (kinda like this...or public order offence) ...it just turns into a self referential void.

ever notice how the media is largely filled with content referring to other media...if you strip it back is there actually anything there at all?

ok, now stop digging

Ocean

oh yeah

oh yeah, forgot to make a point:

basically i think that criticism of live performance is a bad idea. all performance is good in a situationalist sorta way. of course there are bad bands and bad concerts but i reckon that if we don't enjoy then we have to ask ourselves if we could do better.

reviews of CDs and such are still open season because criticism of such amounts merely to a critique of history. history is a string of vicissitudes, so criticism of it is perfectly ok. another thought on this is that a CD represents a band at a moment in time and hence can be critiqued as a finished product where as a band in the present is always becoming the future with the entailed scope for growth and such improvement.

Ocean

i can't resist this:
dick !cheezy

em, i think a reviews forum would be good but i think it would be prone to alot of messing around and joke/fake reviews in the usual thumped stylee and i think this would sorta ruin it for alot of people who didn't want to wade through the crap. i think a seperate reviews section as in days of yore would be best and the reviews could be discussed/ripped to bits on the regular board.

Originally posted by conor
em, i think a reviews forum would be good but i think it would be prone to alot of messing around and joke/fake reviews in the usual thumped stylee and i think this would sorta ruin it for alot of people who didn't want to wade through the crap. i think a seperate reviews section as in days of yore would be best and the reviews could be discussed/ripped to bits on the regular board.

This is what's going to happen.

At this stage, the main problem is figgering out how to actually get people to write the initial review in the first place.

Dudley: now would be a good time to post.

Oh and i have an invite to D-Vine's (Ireland's first female R&B group) single launch in Lillie's tonight. Too bad we don't have a reviews editor yet, like.

speed racer pig face

dont read pig face speed racers reviews
a while ago he asked for people to advise him on
"good dance albums"

My name is speed racer, electronica whats that
can they perform live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back