Reviews (4 Viewers)

Originally posted by Speed Racer
REVIEWERS MUST REMAIN ANONYMOUS.

Somebody should know who they are though, so people don't go reviewing their own bands or reviewing bands they have some sort of personal beef with.
I suggest Pete

There's loads of reviews over on Cluas, by the way. Ain't that easy to get someone to review your gig though

The reason some people don't do live reviews is because a lot of people tend to think previews are better than reviews, so they interview the band and tell folks a little about them before the gig rather than a week after the gig saying, "this band were great you really should have been there" Live reviews of dublin bands are fairly useful because they tend to play regularly but for any international bands it's a waste of time because some some bands only come over once or twice in three years.

I must admit to looking to read a review and having that warm glow that says 'haha i was there' or crying(not literally) when i wasnt. Its good to see it from someone elses perspective too, especially when you were drunk (remembers D4 gig)

Originally posted by egg_
Ah no
It's just that my conscience speaks with your voice, sometimes I get yiz mixed up

really? does it yodel like this too?

AAAAAAAAAA-OOOOOOOOOO-UUUU-eeee-UUUUUUU-eeee-UUUUUUU-eeeee-UUUUUUUU

well?

A review of the review thread - a lesson in the futility of democracy? 11/3/03

And so it was that the daily build of online banter began to overtake the other important offerings of Thumped.com. Pete was not amused. Ripping off his shirt like that business man guy in WWE who manages the rock and hates Hulk Hogan for being an old man or something, he decided....THERE'S GOING TO BE REVIEWS, AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU GUYS BETTER TALK ABOUT IT.

And talk about it they did, with the snitch offering his - or is it her -verbose tuppenceworth, Knacker Gannon getting way off the point as usual, giving us all a chuckle, and the Pope trying to shout louder than the rest as only the infallible one can.

Anthony got in a kind word, and Egg was his usual mature self, despite the presence of a mini Silo on his shoulder, saying "music is all subjective, it's ALL subjective! Why, just last night I listen to Tranquillity by Phil Coulter and saw its true meaning."

All in all, a thread worth reading, but not to write home about. Oh hey, I just kind of did. Well. If I had a pair of dice like they do in Hot Press I'd give it a 10 out of 12.

Originally posted by snakybus
A review of the review thread - a lesson in the futility of democracy? 11/3/03

And so it was that the daily build of online banter began to overtake the other important offerings of Thumped.com. Pete was not amused. Ripping off his shirt like that business man guy in WWE who manages the rock and hates Hulk Hogan for being an old man or something, he decided....THERE'S GOING TO BE REVIEWS, AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU GUYS BETTER TALK ABOUT IT.

With Pete McMahon around you've got no chance in hell of getting away.

a review of the reviews thread sounds a bit familiar.... eh, hector?

hector?

Originally posted by pete
"Yeewwrrrr Ffffiiiiiirrrreedddd."

Screw you Brother!, you'd better train hard, eat your vitamins and say your prayers if you ever wanna get rid of me!

i'd like to do some reviews.
they'll be my opinions, mind, and as i've only talked to two or three people from this board i think i can be fairly subjective.

so gimmie a topic!

Ok, it seems that there are loads of people half willing to do reviews...Here's my two cents:
is it possible to set up an extra special "reviews" board that doesnt show the avatar/stupid name of whoever posted - that would make the reviews anonymouse. You could also rule it with an iron fist, so that a you could delete whatever yoo like (I.E back slapping and gratuitous abuse).

Originally posted by captain anomie
Ok, it seems that there are loads of people half willing to do reviews...Here's my two cents:
is it possible to set up an extra special "reviews" board that doesnt show the avatar/stupid name of whoever posted - that would make the reviews anonymouse. You could also rule it with an iron fist, so that a you could delete whatever yoo like (I.E back slapping and gratuitous abuse).

An anonymous - access board is do-able alright. But anonymous access boards can be a nightmare to look after.

What I'm thinking is maybe have the official review on the site, with a link to a thread on the board for people to talk about it if they choose?

Dunno if that's easily do-able though.

Re: Re: Reviews

Originally posted by pete
An anonymous - access board is do-able alright. But anonymous access boards can be a nightmare to look after.

What I'm thinking is maybe have the official review on the site, with a link to a thread on the board for people to talk about it if they choose?

Dunno if that's easily do-able though.

"on the site"..does that mean the front page of thumped?
I think the sensitive part of it that bands (including myself) are a bit scared of getting a shite review on their own turf (i.e. thumped). I know little or nothing about about moderating boards, but maybe the review could be started as a thread, with the top post remaining anonymous, and then if folks want to write sopammy abuse under, they can do it, but theyre avatar will show.
Another option might be to make another "False Profile" called "review", that reviewers can PM/Email, so all the reviews can be posted anonymosly, and if the reviewer wants they can put their name at the bottom.

Re: Re: Re: Reviews

Originally posted by captain anomie
"on the site"..does that mean the front page of thumped?

yep. does indeed.

I think the sensitive part of it that bands (including myself) are a bit scared of getting a shite review on their own turf (i.e. thumped).

I feel your pain. I guess we'll have to decide whether to just review stuff that's submitted for review or not.

I know little or nothing about about moderating boards, but maybe the review could be started as a thread, with the top post remaining anonymous, and then if folks want to write sopammy abuse under, they can do it, but theyre avatar will show.
Another option might be to make another "False Profile" called "review", that reviewers can PM/Email, so all the reviews can be posted anonymosly, and if the reviewer wants they can put their name at the bottom.

Both are certainly possible alright. I'd be inclined to go with the former.

see how serious i am about this?

edit: not serious enough to make sure all the images were vertically aligned, apparently.

bah

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back