Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Dumplings aren't technically dim sum but they are pretty similar in style.

There are places that do dim sum on Parnell Street, but I haven't tried them out.
Traditionally dim sum isn't served after 4pm, but I think most places in town serve them all day, but check to make sure.
The best place in town is the Good World on Georges Street.
My favourite dim sum in Dublin is a place called Pattaya in Clondalkin, it's almost as good if not better than a lot of places in Hong Kong!
It's got the nicest chilli sauce in Dublin too!
I was there with the family last week, it cost €75 for five people (€15 each) and we had two takeaway boxes full of left overs too.
Just order dim sum, any other dishes whack up the bill.

Dumplings aren't technically dim sum but they are pretty similar in style.

There are places that do dim sum on Parnell Street, but I haven't tried them out.
Traditionally dim sum isn't served after 4pm, but I think most places in town serve them all day, but check to make sure.
The best place in town is the Good World on Georges Street.
My favourite dim sum in Dublin is a place called Pattaya in Clondalkin, it's almost as good if not better than a lot of places in Hong Kong!
It's got the nicest chilli sauce in Dublin too!
I was there with the family last week, it cost €75 for five people (€15 each) and we had two takeaway boxes full of left overs too.
Just order dim sum, any other dishes whack up the bill.
wow great response thanks a mil....pattaya you say! must check it out.. Amazingly thats a hell hole in thailand and dont see the connection with dim sum???

rice n'spice in drumcondra is GORGEOUS.

so is the indian takeaway in booterstown opposite the dart station- cant remember what its called but that place and rice n'spice best indian takeaways in dublin .|..|

rice n'spice in drumcondra is GORGEOUS.

so is the indian takeaway in booterstown opposite the dart station- cant remember what its called but that place and rice n'spice best indian takeaways in dublin .|..|

Not to have a go, but Rupsha down the road is better.
http://www.rupsha.ie/
The service is slow if there's more than one table but as a take away, I can't think of a better one.
They deliver and all.

Not to have a go, but Rupsha down the road is better.
http://www.rupsha.ie/
The service is slow if there's more than one table but as a take away, I can't think of a better one.
They deliver and all.

cheers - sometimes when im driving back from the airport i call into rice nspice to order food to take home with me..
(there are no decent indians in drimnagh/crumlin/inchicore)
i'll deffo try that place next time .|..|

I've been to Siam Thai in Dundrum. I've heard people raving about it being the best Thai in Ireland. Maybe it is but if thats the case the standard must be pretty bad. Its alright, nothing special and pretty expensive.
what did you eat? im totally biased as its run by my best buddy and his family but i eat in there maybe twice and week and goddamn the food in incredible. at least in the malahide one it is. yes its pretty expensive but when i go down as a paying customer im happy with the quality of food and service for what i pay.

how and ever, i have had a few dishes cooked differently by different chefs and they werent the best.

I had lunch in pasta fresca today. I had a terrible pizza there one valentine's day a few years back but decided to give it another go because i had a goo on me for pasta and they have a €10 lunch special. Basically I got two slices of garlic bread and a plate of pasta in wallpaper paste with about three pieces of mushroom shrapnel. Ah, well I'll know next time. I'm still shaking from the carbohydrate fix.

Has anyone had the made to order roast ham sandwiches in M&S? They're very good especially with wholegrain mustard and a mug of tea.

Went to the Millstone on Dame Street for dinner on Friday (where Lucky Coadys used to be). Only had a main course so I don't know what the starters are like but the pizza that I had was amazing and I wasn't able to finish it. The service was very good, and the menu has some very interesting options (kangaroo pizza, ostrich burger) as well as old faviourites like angus burgers, steaks and seafood. My friend had the Halloumi Burger and gave it two thumbs up - it looked delicious.

Definitely going to be going there again.

I had lunch in pasta fresca today. I had a terrible pizza there one valentine's day a few years back but decided to give it another go because i had a goo on me for pasta and they have a €10 lunch special. Basically I got two slices of garlic bread and a plate of pasta in wallpaper paste with about three pieces of mushroom shrapnel. Ah, well I'll know next time. I'm still shaking from the carbohydrate fix.

There's one across the road from my work.
their €10 lunch special is crap.

the Pasta Fresca pizza [parma ham + rocket and parmesan] is pretty good.

I'm in Parkansilla being all fancy and the food is yum. And there is millions of it.

sounds nice
which M&S?

must have a deli counter do they?
nothing like that in Naas.

Grafton St.

They have a kitchen there where you can get fresh sambos with either roast ham or salted beef. When you throw in a bag of parnsip crisps i'd say that'd provide twice your rda of fat and salt. Tasty mind.

Went to Alexis in Dun Laoghaire last night. Really good spot - definitely going back. Had another ribeye steak. I can feel a bout of gout coming on.

i've only been there once and it was a few months ago, but I thought this place was pretty average. the steak was a disappointment. maybe they were just having a bad night...?

Last week I went for the early bird dinner (i think e25 for 3 courses) in Martello in Sandycove near teddy's ice cream.

great food. the trout rocked my world. nice cosy feel to the place too. packed, it was. on a miserable tuesday evening, no less. recommended.

finally, I am the world's greatest fan of The Bloody Stream in Howth. it's gorgeous on a sunny day when you can sit outside, but I almost prefer it when it's howling and they have the fire roaring inside. The salmon there is fucking incredible. huge thick cut chips too. fucking love that place, you can sit there for hours, cosiest pub in dublin, imho.

Maybe it was the homesick want on me but I had McDonaghs cod and chips when I was back in Galway at the weekend and it was only delicious altogether. Tasted all the better too cos I could actually afford the fish this time as opposed to my former student diet of the chips/mushy peas/curry sauce/pint of milk combo from there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back