Rent / Taxes (8 Viewers)

Does anyone know if there is a way to check the status of a claim? It's been 5 weeks today since I submitted everything. Does it take that long or should I start wondering if my money ended up in someone else bank account. I should had them send a check.

Does anyone know if there is a way to check the status of a claim? It's been 5 weeks today since I submitted everything. Does it take that long or should I start wondering if my money ended up in someone else bank account. I should had them send a check.

You can give them a call. To find out which number to ring, try this page with your pps number: https://www.revenue.ie/wiclo/details.jsp. Just say nothing to the robot you get at the start of the phone conversation. Eventually you'll be put through to an operator and once you tell them your pps number they'll tell you what they know. They've been nice enough any time I've been talking to them.

You can give them a call. To find out which number to ring, try this page with your pps number: https://www.revenue.ie/wiclo/details.jsp. Just say nothing to the robot you get at the start of the phone conversation. Eventually you'll be put through to an operator and once you tell them your pps number they'll tell you what they know. They've been nice enough any time I've been talking to them.

Actually just did that. I hate the phone so I avoid speaking on it as much as possible. I caved. Apparently, they are 'checking' it? At any rate, at least I know it got there. I'll just keep checking my bank account every day like I have been for the past two weeks.

Actually just did that. I hate the phone so I avoid speaking on it as much as possible. I caved. Apparently, they are 'checking' it? At any rate, at least I know it got there. I'll just keep checking my bank account every day like I have been for the past two weeks.

Cool. It's suprising that they're taking so long. That robot at the start is so annoying, eh? He really tries to get you to say something. "Look, just say your PPS number. It's the number on your P60. I'm still waiting".

ive had similar with the fuckers, despite my girlfriends claim (for the same apartment) being processed in a matter of days. Are you sending it into the o'connell st branch? they seem to be particularly slow with stuff in general. The vast number of p45s there issuing these days cant help.

I sent them a number of increasingly snotty emails, and eventually they processed my claim just there last week. aparently it'll be sent my way this week.

id lean on them to get it sorted asap. things are going to get worse before they get any better, and rent relief on stuff like rent, pension contribution etc is likely to get hit to some extent in the budget of doom today i reckon.

much like the bould moods, my rent relief check will most likely revert unpatriotically to the accounts of Thomann GmBH!

Everyone should try and do their tax stuff online these days - it's much quicker. My rent relief was paid within 3 days when I submitted it online.

Hi. Newbie here. On the subject of rent. If you were renting a private house for nearly two years and your landlord never renewed the contract after first 12 months, Is now looking for a payment that didn't go through months back and you also never had a rent book and you're 99% sure she's not paying any tax because you couldn't claim rent relief when you approached her. Has she a leg to stand on :confused:

Hi. Newbie here. On the subject of rent. If you were renting a private house for nearly two years and your landlord never renewed the contract after first 12 months, Is now looking for a payment that didn't go through months back and you also never had a rent book and you're 99% sure she's not paying any tax because you couldn't claim rent relief when you approached her. Has she a leg to stand on :confused:

Hi Misty, you've come to the right place with your question.
In my opinion, the landlord has removed both of her legs and you or your friend should be in the clear.
Also, as regards rent relief, you don't actually need your landlord to co-operate to apply for it, as far as I know. Although I'm sure you want to get them in trouble.

Best of luck with this,
Thumped.

eh, lads and lassies, if you're filling out the rent relief form don't do what i did and tick the box saying the landlord is not a resident...that means the landlord is not a resident of IRELAND rather than your house (whoops)...
I only discovered today after ringing up to see what the story was as applied in April.
Also I didn't earn enough tax in 2007 as I was doing a post-grad course (while working full time but earning 500e a month, sake) to claim rent relief for that year. Cry.

eh, lads and lassies, if you're filling out the rent relief form don't do what i did and tick the box saying the landlord is not a resident...that means the landlord is not a resident of IRELAND rather than your house (whoops)...

Yeah, that mistake cost me going to Primavera. GRRR. I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that...I didn't think it was clear at all.

hello all
I applied for this online for 2008 and 2007. Today I received two Paye balancing statements , one for each year. At the end of each one it gives an amount 2007 €359.23 , 2008 €399.26. Then in the section called "Treatment of Result" it says offset against PAYE (the amount again) 2006.
Does this mean my employer of 2006 underpayed my tax and the rent relief is paying it back?

I checked my account online and although I can see the sections for 2008 and 2007 whenh I click into 2006 it says the following
Unfortunately we cannot process your request as you have a PAYE return (form 12 , form 12d and form 11 ) outstanding

I was just talking to them , apparently my tax was under paid in 2006 by over €800 .They told me this was due to me signing on for 5-6 weeks. I still dont understand. Are you supposed to pay tax on your dole even if you had enough stamps from working.?

If you claim the dole and work within the same tax year, you pay tax on the dole if your total income (including dole) for that year is over the threshold.

I want to claim the rent tax credit for 2022 and 2023. I understand that I need to file a PAYE tax return but I'm stuck at step 4 which is about "Tax credits & reliefs". I have to confirm the tax credits listed there. They all have a euro amount next to them - how do I know if they're correct? Do i just tick them, confirm all and let the taxman work out if I'm owed them or not? I have medical insurance but my employer pays it :confused:
1714681045001.png
I've placed inquiries through ros.ie but I find the responses a little unsatisfactory i.e. they take ages to reply and do not comprehensively answer my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
  • chris d
  • xsteox
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back