Rent / Taxes (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I know there is a thread about this but the search function is off. How many years back can you claim? Anyone know? If I did 2 1/2 years paying at least 700 a month -- would I get a good bit back?

Question, what if the agent you went through no longer works for the rental company and the company won't respond to you? Is there any way to make them give you the landlords PPS number? Like, by law do they have to provide this information for you? My name was on the lease for a year.

I was posted by two people on the other thread about this that you don't need the landlord's PPS, even though the form has a space for it. Call Revenue and make sure. 4 years back is as far as you can claim and for a single person the max you'll get back in any one year is €400. Not to be sniffed at.

You could try use your current landlord's details and claim backwards from that. I'm pretty sure the taxman still thinks I'm renting from a dude who left the country three years ago.

i applied for three years (without landlords pps) and got 2640euros - defo worth doing!

does anyone know if the landlord himself needs to sign it or is it enough just to put down his name and address?

i applied for three years (without landlords pps) and got 2640euros - defo worth doing!

does anyone know if the landlord himself needs to sign it or is it enough just to put down his name and address?

name and address should do it

the reason behind it is not to verify whether you are renting but to verify whether your landlord is fully declaring his rental income

indeed as another move on this, any new properties purchased for the records will need pps numbers and then this will be cross referenced to see if the person is fully declaring their rental income

thanks.

the whole needing a receipt from the landlord for the rent you've paid bit though......would i need to include that too?

thanks.

the whole needing a receipt from the landlord for the rent you've paid bit though......would i need to include that too?

You only need that if they decide to audit you. In such case you can ask your LL for a receipt which covers your whole time of renting. The likelihood is that you won't be audited. You can also apply for it all online with ros.ie. Just had a look at it there and it seems straightforward enough. Still waiting on my app to come back, they need the P60 if you claim for a previous year, only got that today. Very exciting.

If they already have your details down on the ROS thingy, you don't need the P60. You can enter the details from it online as well, no need to send in the actual document itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back