Releasing Music Yourself -versus- Not Unless We Get a Deal (2 Viewers)

Lads.. Come on.. DIY all the way :)

_1036795_craig300.jpg

DIY with Craig

HE MIGHT NOT BE A LIAR... BUT MAYBE HE IS.

I'D LIKE TO ALLAHQUANDKNOW WHAT ELSE COREY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS.

DONT PRESSURE ME MOTHERFUCKER.

Generally, and in my own expierience, once a sincere commitment is made to the creation of any form of art/music/weapons of mass destuction, then some sort of financial returns follow. Not much, but enough to keep you doing what you love. Look at Iran.

This thread is going to end in Whelans. With pints and hugging.

So if you never make any money out of your art, that means your commitment wasn't sincere enough? Hohoho. Remember Van Gogh?

Thats how it works for me. Tortured artists need to tuck it in and man up. I was knocking round fine art department in DLIADT last month and it was more like a group therapy session than practice and instruction.

"It's an exploration of the noticeable changes in attitudes to gender identification in a post-post-modern 1st world culture and the race to establish clearer ways of thinking amidst the chaos of 21st centuary communications and media industry..."

"You're just saying that cos you cant draw."

Surely at least half the people out there who are all about the DIY-thing would jump at the chance to sign a contract to a major label?

Thats how it works for me. Tortured artists need to tuck it in and man up. I was knocking round fine art department in DLIADT last month and it was more like a group therapy session than practice and instruction.

"It's an exploration of the noticeable changes in attitudes to gender identification in a post-post-modern 1st world culture and the race to establish clearer ways of thinking amidst the chaos of 21st centuary communications and media industry..."

"You're just saying that cos you cant draw."
HERE WE GO....

WANT A JOB??

HOW'S YOUR FLASH AND ANIMATION SKILLS THESE DAYS? I'M LOOKIN' FOR A COUPLE OF HEADS. THAT UNDERLINED AND BACK THERE IS TO SIGNIFY THAT THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANIMATION DONE IN FLASH AND FLASH ANIMATION. THE LATTER BEING THE SHIT ONE THAT MAKES ME SICK, THEN VIOLENT.

MAN-AQUAANNNDO!!!

I seriously doubt it:D

This might sound like an attack but ITS NOT! I swear. Its a question posed to everyone actually.

Imagine your band have a few quality songs, your gigs are exciting, you're enjoying your music, the creational process and the fact that you have a good excuse to get locked every gig night.

Then a label (of some variety) comes along and says 'Hey we really like your band, and we'd like to sign you. This means you get to pack in the job you hate, play bigger venues, and get covered in a few magazines (who honestly wouldn't like a little fame/recognition) but in return we'd like you to wear these testicle-squashing jeans and write a song about run-ins with bouncers'.

The question is:

DEAL OR NO DEAL???

noel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back