Relationships - what is the point? (2 Viewers)

you get lots of sex usually, but not always, most lads won't even look at your arse or your tits, and half of them are too lazy to ride ya or leave the house to meet ya.

so when you have a relationship its deadly. sex on tap!

I went out with a guy who saw a picture of me as a heavier lady and said he would never go out with me if I still looked like that. I asked if he'd go off me if I put on any weight, and he just mumbled something and said something about my not looking like that anymore, so it didn't matter. I asked him what would happen if I was pregnant, and he got really angry.

He was unable to see that the fat girl in the photograph was the exact same human being he was going out with, and that he'd pretty much just said that I didn't have the same value when I had more weight on me (and seriously, it wasn't all that much!).

He had a thing for overly skinny women and it was hinted at that I was a little on the pudgy and plain side for him.

It really fucking hurt.
I went out with loads of blokes like that, to the point where I thought all blokes were like that. Until I went out with someone who was the opposite, and started giving out to me for losing weight. Pah.

Basically you need to avoid people who have a very specific type, and go for guys who just fancy women. Big 'uns, little 'uns, roundy 'uns, pointy 'uns...

Back on topic though - a lot of the Point of Relationships is just having a partner-in-crime to do fun stuff with all the time, and be there for you when the stuff ain't fun. And to help you carry the grocery shopping and give you massages.

I went out with a guy who saw a picture of me as a heavier lady and said he would never go out with me if I still looked like that.

My girlfriend saw pictures of me with long hair and pretty much said the same thing.

If I ever tire of her it's starve the barber time

rephrase, after what period of time does a relationship become long-term?

When you can start to track year-on-year Key Performance Indicators relating to the relationship. That way you can start to build in a forecasting model which will give you a clear indication around how the relationship will work out over the coming years.

Unless, of course, you decide to measure on a quarterly basis. This is a more dynamic approach to relationships.

Relationships really is a question of outsourcing many aspects of your personal life to another. Getting your Service Level Agreements sorted out early will really help you in managing what you've outsourced.

I went out with loads of blokes like that, to the point where I thought all blokes were like that. Until I went out with someone who was the opposite, and started giving out to me for losing weight. Pah.

Basically you need to avoid people who have a very specific type, and go for guys who just fancy women. Big 'uns, little 'uns, roundy 'uns, pointy 'uns...

Back on topic though - a lot of the Point of Relationships is just having a partner-in-crime to do fun stuff with all the time, and be there for you when the stuff ain't fun. And to help you carry the grocery shopping and give you massages.

me too they usually have mushroom mickeys and are secretly into men's anuses

When I said work I think I was on about the type of relationship that isnt worth staying in. Like when the bad point out weigh the good points. My last relationship I didnt want to stay with her and it took me ages to break up with her cos she was alot more into me than the other way around. I felt guilty about that but in the end it wasnt fair to lead her on.

I think I'll take a lot for me to get involved in a relationship again. It took far too long to get out of the last one

I beg to differ. Coco's two and a half, and myself and it had been breaking up for three years before we closed the deal last spring.

Well, you will have a relationship with the other parent - be it romantic or not.

But yeah... I meant it's one of the things which could make a non-marraige relationship long-term.

When you can start to track year-on-year Key Performance Indicators relating to the relationship. That way you can start to build in a forecasting model which will give you a clear indication around how the relationship will work out over the coming years.

Unless, of course, you decide to measure on a quarterly basis. This is a more dynamic approach to relationships.

Relationships really is a question of outsourcing many aspects of your personal life to another. Getting your Service Level Agreements sorted out early will really help you in managing what you've outsourced.

of course this will depend on your monitoring and evaluation strategy being either outcome orientated or theory based. The outcome orinentated strategy can limit innovation while the theory based strategy will thrive on emergent properties.

how much do you love me? v.s. are we actually going out? if you will.

natually a participatory theory-based evaluation strategy leads to a more fulfilling sex life.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Although I'm not glad it happens regularly. That said, I know some laydeez who have impossible physical standards. Like they meet a perfectly nice dude who is lovely and attractive and interesting and fun, but he's too short or his hair is the wrong colour or whatever. Guys and chix do it all the time, and then they wonder why they're single.

It took a while for me to realise that if I wanted to be in a good relationship, it would have to be with someone who takes people as they are, doesn't measure them against some universal scale. We all judge to a point, but the box-ticking thing is just outrageous and I don't know why I put up with it for so long from dudes when I never did it myself. I've only got one box and that's enough to deal with. Ba dum dum.

Being in a relationship means that the windy night and the rain and all that is actually really nice because hey, you're tucked up under the duvet and you're warm and it might be crazy outside but all is right with the world in here. Corny, innit?

Also, you each share what you're into and you learn about how to appreciate someone else's interests in a new way. You might even develop an appreciation for Top Gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back