Referendums 24, a woman's place is wherever she wants it to be? (2 Viewers)

Voting intentions

• Yes Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes No

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • There’s no limits.

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Chatting with my wife about this last night and she brought up the good point that the presence of "economic necessity" so far hasn't resulted in any meaningful support for mothers - if you have kids you have to work and any of the supports given to parents are nominal at best.

Chatting with my wife about this last night and she brought up the good point that the presence of "economic necessity" so far hasn't resulted in any meaningful support for mothers - if you have kids you have to work and any of the supports given to parents are nominal at best.
So you are saying they exist than saying they don't exist.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just Supposin', after all the thinking come Down To Earth and hold you pencil like a Piledriver, even if there's Heavy Traffic, get in the booth and get On The Level, say Hello to the bits of paper. If you can't stand the heat, you can spoil vote because It's never too late.

Just Supposin', after all the thinking come Down To Earth and hold you pencil like a Piledriver, even if there's Heavy Traffic, get in the booth and get On The Level, say Hello to the bits of paper. If you can't stand the heat, you can spoil vote because It's never too late.
You could just spoil your vote by drawing Pictures of Matchstick Men..or make a Paper Plane out of the ballot paper

no's from people who are actually effected by nos.

Anyone else find it mad that the text of the amendment was not included on the voting cards? So you are just handed two separate cards, one for the 39th Amendment, and one for the 40th amendment- so unless you know which is which you don't actually know what you are voting for. Absolutely crazy

Anyone else find it mad that the text of the amendment was not included on the voting cards? So you are just handed two separate cards, one for the 39th Amendment, and one for the 40th amendment- so unless you know which is which you don't actually know what you are voting for. Absolutely crazy
They included it on mine. Have to admit, I’m still confused as to which way to vote. After reading the actual amendments, I’m leaning towards yes/yes

They included it on mine. Have to admit, I’m still confused as to which way to vote. After reading the actual amendments, I’m leaning towards yes/yes
i'm talking about when you go to the polling station and they give you the card to write on... So I just had to assume the 39th amendment was about the woman's place in the home and the 40th was the 'carer's' amendment, and then vote accordingly.

i'm talking about when you go to the polling station and they give you the card to write on... So I just had to assume the 39th amendment was about the woman's place in the home and the 40th was the 'carer's' amendment, and then vote accordingly.
Ah right.

From my reading of the articles, amendment 39 is the marriage/family amendment

And article 40 is the woman/carers amendment. That’s why I’m having misgivings. I don’t want to vote against it and keep the current text in. But I’m worried about implications for disabled people by voting for it

What do you mean?
Saying the payment isn't significant is also saying that it exists.

And of course these things in context- the lower your income the more significant any support like that becomes.

Like I'm not saying you should get a divorce or anything just yet but I disagree with the approach your partner was coming from there.

Ah right.

From my reading of the articles, amendment 39 is the marriage/family amendment

And article 40 is the woman/carers amendment. That’s why I’m having misgivings. I don’t want to vote against it and keep the current text in. But I’m worried about implications for disabled people by voting for it

Oh totally- I was 50/50 on it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back