Dead Man Walking. This has probably been on here before but I love reading it again! (1 Viewer)

Re: Dead Man Walking. This has probably been on here before but I love reading it aga

For real. I always attracted guys like that.

A girl I went out with had a gang of friends who cried all the time, boys and girls, crying away over every little thing. If you went to the pub it was taken as read that someone was going to turn into a quivering mess and need group hugs. I think it annoyed her that I never felt the urge myself.

But pretending to be an oversensitive type to get a shag of the caring girl?...thats a bit...undignified really

Re: Dead Man Walking. This has probably been on here before but I love reading it aga

A girl I went out with had a gang of friends who cried all the time, boys and girls, crying away over every little thing. If you went to the pub it was taken as read that someone was going to turn into a quivering mess and need group hugs. I think it annoyed her that I never felt the urge myself.

But pretending to be an oversensitive type to get a shag of the caring girl?...thats a bit...undignified really

Basically, yeah, it's just icky. There're plenty of ladies who'd be happy to ride without the elaborate lie and crocodile tears, but it's a twisted way of viewing sex, like they have to humiliate the girl (even if she never finds out she was being bullshitted) in order to get off. Because if lying wasn't part of the fun, why would they do it?

Everyone sort of 'brightens up' their personal history when they're interested in someone else, but telling outright lies just to get your hole is just nuts. Pay a hooker for a blowjob if you're that desperate, but don't use someone else's sensitivity as a weapon against themselves just so you can get your rocks off.

PS: None of the weepers ever did get where they hoped the tears would get them. Fo' real. It was quite likely one reason they didn't stay interested in me for long, and left to find an easier lay.

Or would you call anyone gullible and deserving of a fraud like this if they didn't automatically view everything you said with suspicion?

I just think that if he's clearly so psychologically disturbed as to do this and think that the consequences are someone else's fault, he should be considered unfit for military duty. Maybe it wouldn't affect another job in the same way, but military service is different.

the guys obviously a complete prick, and possibly mentally ill; but personally if an irish person told me stories like that (regardless of whether or not they were trying to ride me) Id take it with a grain of salt.

no ones deserving of fraud, but she was at least gullible

and yes he should be booted out of the navy, or at least suspended. even if hes not mentally ill hes clearly not thrustworhy.

Awww jaysis, sure mick n the lads were down the pub las' noigh tellin a loada yanks they were astronauts..fecking mighty crack it was

while we're on the subject of lying/dating/american dating vs irish...

A friend in Philadelphia told how her mate got off with a guy at a heavy metal club, brought him home and when she ran her fingers through his hair...it fell off. It was a wig! I can't picture any Irishman thinking he'd get away with pretending to be a metaller to ride the rocker chick like that.

And the thing is, the girl had the exact same experience twice!

the guys obviously a complete prick, and possibly mentally ill; but personally if an irish person told me stories like that (regardless of whether or not they were trying to ride me) Id take it with a grain of salt.

no ones deserving of fraud, but she was at least gullible

and yes he should be booted out of the navy, or at least suspended. even if hes not mentally ill hes clearly not thrustworhy.

You might call it gullible, but the thing is, if you've heard a million crazy stories that are true, and someone tells you a mildly crazy story, you're going to see it in the context that you've heard crazier things that weren't lies. If she was guilty of anything, it's probably just wasting time on a guy who was obviously a dick. Which she probably learned from. And if you look at her website, the thing that upset her the most seems not to be that she was duped, but that she feels like she was inadvertently lying to the friends whose shoulders she cried on. She obviously feels like she should have recognised some of the signs, but that it's more the shame of a liar making her into a liar than just falling for the wrong guy.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that while Americans and Irish people speak the same language, there's a huge difference in how people communicate. Irish people tend to be suspicious and assume people are bullshitting even if they aren't. So just as Americans might find themselves in a situation where they've fallen for a big lie (see also: war in Iraq, as a much more extreme example) the suspicion of everyone, especially outsiders, is one of hte most infuriating things I find about living here.

But yeah, if I were in the military with him, I don't think I'd want him in my unit. I'd rather have someone who can admit he did something rotten than do something even more rotten to cover it up. It's not like finding out that some guy in your office is a knob.

while we're on the subject of lying/dating/american dating vs irish...

A friend in Philadelphia told how her mate got off with a guy at a heavy metal club, brought him home and when she ran her fingers through his hair...it fell off. It was a wig! I can't picture any Irishman thinking he'd get away with pretending to be a metaller to ride the rocker chick like that.

And the thing is, the girl had the exact same experience twice!

Yeah, but it was a metal dude. For a metal dude, unless you're in Pantera, having no hair is a bit like having no mickey. It's in the bible. Remember when yer wan shaved her husbands hair and he couldn't solo anymore?

He was a false metal dude! the worst kind

He was a false metal dude! the worst kind

I mean, yeah, according to the unwritten constitution of the republic of heavy metal, the crime of faking your own death pales in comparison to the magnitude of faking your own hair. You might as well be in a Foreigner covers band and trade your Slayer t-shirts for a load of doilies.

I dated a dude once about ten years ago (Christ, it must sound like I've dated every dude under the sun) who used to be in a relatively recognised metal band when in his younger days, although he no longer had the metal hair to prove it.

After a few times hanging out with him, I began to realise that the baseball cap he wore all the time was not just a fashion or comfort thing, he was nervous that I would look with scorn upon his baldness. I've never given a shite about how much hair a guy did or didn't have, but I did wonder if his worry that he felt he should hide it from me came from the general concern a lot of guys have about losing their hair, or if he was concerned I would think he was less metal.

After a few times hanging out with him, I began to realise that the baseball cap he wore all the time was not just a fashion or comfort thing, he was nervous that I would look with scorn upon his baldness. I've never given a shite about how much hair a guy did or didn't have, but I did wonder if his worry that he felt he should hide it from me came from the general concern a lot of guys have about losing their hair, or if he was concerned I would think he was less metal.

You dated Scott Not Ian!!!????

wow!

No, no NO.

Check your rep box.

Rob Halford?

If so, he was lying to you in other ways too ...

yes he should be booted out of the navy, or at least suspended. even if hes not mentally ill hes clearly not thrustworhy.
C'mon dudes, a navy sailor's job is to sail the boat and do what he's fucking told. It's not as if an Irish navy boy is going to need to hold up under interrogation

C'mon dudes, a navy sailor's job is to sail the boat and do what he's fucking told. It's not as if an Irish navy boy is going to need to hold up under interrogation

Or do much of anything really.

I mean, yeah, according to the unwritten constitution of the republic of heavy metal, the crime of faking your own death pales in comparison to the magnitude of faking your own hair.

He didn't really fake his own death though did he? What do you think?

It's more like the metal dude had sent an e-mail to yer wan from a fake identitiy that said: "X has mad long hair now", and then she beleived it and was over the moon about it but was subsequently crushed when she found out it was a lie.

He didn't really fake his own death though did he? What do you think?

It's more like the metal dude had sent an e-mail to yer wan from a fake identitiy that said: "X has mad long hair now", and then she beleived it and was over the moon about it but was subsequently crushed when she found out it was a lie.

Way worse than faking death, like. Imagine!

He'd probably be an asset in interrogation what with his proven track record in passing off laughable bullshit as gospel.

Way worse than faking death, like. Imagine!

HA! I know.

Ah well I'm just being picky, but I don't think he did fake his own death. Like lying to one person and telling them that you have long hair via email isn't the same thing as wearing a wig.

Or is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back