Dead Man Walking. This has probably been on here before but I love reading it again! (1 Viewer)

Re: Dead Man Walking. This has probably been on here before but I love reading it aga

HA! I know.

Ah well I'm just being picky, but I don't think he did fake his own death. Like lying to one person and telling them that you have long hair via email isn't the same thing as wearing a wig.

Or is it?

In some ways what he did was worse than faking his own death. Faking your own death might upset people, but it's unlikely to be directed at one person. What he did was pretend he was dead so he wouldn't have to break up with someone who probably would have gotten over it anyway. Which in some ways is even nastier. But again, I think the worst part is his suggestion that this is all her fault.

So that's like emailing someone to say you have long hair, and then blaming her for the shame you feel when she sends you a fancy hair bobbin as a gift.

Re: Dead Man Walking. This has probably been on here before but I love reading it aga

So that's like emailing someone to say you have long hair, and then blaming her for the shame you feel when she sends you a fancy hair bobbin as a gift.

Glad we cleared that up.

:)

I think this story is fucking hillllllaaaarious.

Hadn't heard it before, actually.

and yes he should be booted out of the navy, or at least suspended. even if hes not mentally ill hes clearly not thrustworhy.

Ah now. I completely disagree with you and Jane on this. Just because somebody is a bit sociopathic/hilariously tool-ish in their personal life doesn't mean they can't be a perfectly good naval... thingy, does it? If an accountant did the same thing, would you be calling for Stokes Kennedy Crowley to sack him?

Yer wan has a deadly attitude about it all. More power to her. I don't think she's a moron at all, certainly a lot more articulate than the guy himself. I am, however, a little surprised that someone who seems to be really into politics and the Middle East believed that there were Irish troops in Iraq.

There's more here, scroll about a third of the way down.

Ah well to be fair she was only about 22 at the time. It was a good while ago from what i can gather.

Ah well to be fair she was only about 22 at the time. It was a good while ago from what i can gather.

Yeah, her attitude is pretty deadly about it. I'd be a lot more morto. And I think if you wanted to, and the person already trusted you (or wanted to trust you), you could convince someone that, say the 'Royal Irish Regiment' was part of the Irish army and evidence that the Irish Army was stationed in Iraq in a peacekeeping capacity or something. After all, they were in Lebanon. It's easy to say I would have done a bit of googling, but who knows, maybe I wouldn't.

I do think though that if an accountant did what this dude did, he'd just forever be the office tool, and as much as the Irish Navy doesn't really do much, from their perspective, they do have to trust each other with their lives. I'd have no trouble being mates and colleagues and co-navy jerks with a dude who just had trouble keeping his mickey in his pants. After all, it's his private life, and says nothing about his ability to be trusted in other capacities. But the length this guy went to just to break up with yer wan is not as bad as the fact that he can't handle the consequences. Basically, he's a coward, and I would rather be mates with a philanderer than someone who would let his cowardice get the better of them like that.

I know this guy from my home town and I can tell you that he's always been a lying douchebag. You'll notice that how he got caught was from a wave of responses to her post on the republic of cork forum exposing him as the muppet he was. I don't think he should be kicked out of the Navy; it's not really any of their business. I'm actually lad that he's still in there - Imagine how often he gets called 'Neo' while at sea for a few weeks!!! And... Strangely... it didn't ruin his marriage as speculated. They are still together...

This happened a while back and I still get such a kick out of it. No matter how mental my life gets sometimes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back