Recommendations for club nights for auld wans and auld lads. (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I have a couple of friends who are in their late 30s and due to sprogs and shit rarely get to go out and I want to bring them somewhere. They are into all sorts of music but mainly they don't want to feel like they're in a creche. Anyone got any recommendations? Sugar Club? I only ever go to Fibber's any more so I haven't a pup's notion what is out there.

Fibber's? Good lord. What's that like these days?

I normally go out dancing in Dublin twice a year (I'm 44). Probably the best fun I've had was in the Workman's Club, but the last time I was there (Oct) it was a bit empty. Went to C U Next Tuesday in Opium around this time last year - the crowd was awful young (and oh god so pretty) but the place was hopping and the tunes were good and I really enjoyed it. Due a night out again soon, was thinking of going to that circus thing in The Academy The Academy Dublin

btw when I go out dancing it's purely to dance (with a little drinking) - no standing around or chin-stroking, the tunes have to to be danceable (regardless of genre) and the dancefloor has to be full enough that I don't feel self-conscious. Preferably I'd like some flashing lights and shit as well to make me feel cool

I wouldn't have a breeze but I think the Grand Social, especially a Saturday night, is usually good fun with good music.
A mate of mine does a night in the Gingerman on occasion called Play Something We All Know, but it's not a regular thing. The music is always deadly though!

I wouldn't have a breeze but I think the Grand Social, especially a Saturday night, is usually good fun with good music.
A mate of mine does a night in the Gingerman on occasion called Play Something We All Know, but it's not a regular thing. The music is always deadly though!

Yeah Grand Social is the first place I thought of.

Would that be Edenmores finest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back