Recommendations for club nights for auld wans and auld lads. (2 Viewers)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I have a couple of friends who are in their late 30s and due to sprogs and shit rarely get to go out and I want to bring them somewhere. They are into all sorts of music but mainly they don't want to feel like they're in a creche. Anyone got any recommendations? Sugar Club? I only ever go to Fibber's any more so I haven't a pup's notion what is out there.

Fibber's? Good lord. What's that like these days?

I normally go out dancing in Dublin twice a year (I'm 44). Probably the best fun I've had was in the Workman's Club, but the last time I was there (Oct) it was a bit empty. Went to C U Next Tuesday in Opium around this time last year - the crowd was awful young (and oh god so pretty) but the place was hopping and the tunes were good and I really enjoyed it. Due a night out again soon, was thinking of going to that circus thing in The Academy The Academy Dublin

btw when I go out dancing it's purely to dance (with a little drinking) - no standing around or chin-stroking, the tunes have to to be danceable (regardless of genre) and the dancefloor has to be full enough that I don't feel self-conscious. Preferably I'd like some flashing lights and shit as well to make me feel cool

I wouldn't have a breeze but I think the Grand Social, especially a Saturday night, is usually good fun with good music.
A mate of mine does a night in the Gingerman on occasion called Play Something We All Know, but it's not a regular thing. The music is always deadly though!

I wouldn't have a breeze but I think the Grand Social, especially a Saturday night, is usually good fun with good music.
A mate of mine does a night in the Gingerman on occasion called Play Something We All Know, but it's not a regular thing. The music is always deadly though!

Yeah Grand Social is the first place I thought of.

Would that be Edenmores finest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back