Real Life Book Club (6 Viewers)

This was fun. Thanks everyone who came.
Edel your cake was :heart::heart:.
Next one should be good, I got The Passion today, there were 5 or 6 more copies in Hodges Figgis. I've only read a few pages and I love it already. :)

So next one is on Wednesday 13th of September, Juno you should definitely come.
New people always welcome ;)

Just get a bobblehead doll with its left-hand cocked out to one side and a speechbubble that says: "Well, I think...[drone]".

It'll be almost exactly like the real thing.

Particularly if you give it lots of muffins.

And occasionally shake its bobblehead menacingly/delightedly at Edel.

Just get a bobblehead doll with its left-hand cocked out to one side and a speechbubble that says: "Well, I think...[drone]".

It'll be almost exactly like the real thing.

Particularly if you give it lots of muffins.

And occasionally shake its bobblehead menacingly/delightedly at Edel.

It'll only work if I feed it sips of Kopparberg or Kiss cider :)

It'll only work if I feed it sips of Kopparberg or Kiss cider :)

:):):):)
That reminds me. My mum is a nurse, she works with Alzheimers patients. There's this one sweet little old lady who has a teddy that she believes is her baby, she feeds it bits of dinner and milk etc, the poor teddy is all manky now and so now mum has to say that she'll feed the "baby" instead....

1. how often do you bitches meet?
2. have you done valley of the dolls yet?

I feel I need a hobby in my life that doesn't involve booze or sweating it out in the gym.

I feel I need a hobby in my life that doesn't involve booze or sweating it out in the gym.

You should come, definitely :)
The next one is on the 13th of next month. The book is The Passion by Jeanette Winterson, and its fab.
Valley of the Dolls sounds fun...

You should definitely come and I'd love to read VOTDs; have never read it. BUT (and I hate to be the one to tell you this) alcohol is usually involved. 'Cherry Taste' Kiss cider to be specific.

Huzzah!

You'd better not bring the car next time.

I plan to go on a three-day Book-Club-Bender.

Yes. No cars :rolleyes:
3 day bender = good idea, maybe we should have it on a Friday though so I dont have to crawl into school the next day.....

Have any of you girls read The Devil Wears Prada ? If not, read it now .|..|
Best trashy book I've read in ages, I couldnt put it down. Bitchy goodness at its best.

Yes. No cars :rolleyes:
3 day bender = good idea, maybe we should have it on a Friday though so I dont have to crawl into school the next day.....

Have any of you girls read The Devil Wears Prada ? If not, read it now .|..|
Best trashy book I've read in ages, I couldnt put it down. Bitchy goodness at its best.

Okay, okay, no cars...should I make Cosmos instead of cake next time? Hmmm..
I've read The Devil Wears Prada and liked it until it got to the wussy American Hallmark ending. So fuckin' lame.
Meh meh meh, family and friends are much more important than fulfilling your dream of writing for the New Yorker.[SPOILER ENDS] Puhleese!
Have just started Tabloid Love by Bridget Harrison, which is shaping up to be a nice trashy read in a similar vein...

Oh, should modify my trash rating by saying I'm finished with Colm Toibin's new one and will bring along a copy for you on the 13th. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back