Real Life Book Club (1 Viewer)

So :)
Next Wednesday
Cosmos, absinthe, white russians, fruit cider, The Passion, Bellatrix's sendoff, tarot cards
Who's coming?
PS I didnt like the book, I think I'm the only one, there might be fights !baggyyyy

Edel assures me it's only 120 pages long. It'll be graaand.

Not true. I assured you it was 'just over 150 pages'. :)

I'm on page 20 but rest assured it will be read by Wednesday. I know I said this last time but little did I know that you can't speed read Riddley Walker.
I'm really scared of the amount of alcohol that's going to be present at this...eek.

Ooh, real life. *shudder* I suppose the exclusive book club is in Dooblin? :(

Tis indeed, like all exclusive things ;).

What about doing a kind of ongoing discussion of the chosen book after the book club meeting? A chance for online book club members to discuss the book and for real life members to actually talk about the book instead of all the other fun stuff we get up to?

Or did we try this before and find it didn't work?

Tis indeed, like all exclusive things ;).

What about doing a kind of ongoing discussion of the chosen book after the book club meeting? A chance for online book club members to discuss the book and for real life members to actually talk about the book instead of all the other fun stuff we get up to?

Or did we try this before and find it didn't work?

there were plans...always the plans...
we could try it again though

this was great :heart: :heart:

cosmos were delicious, i actually feel fine this morning, maybe the smoothie has hangover prevention properties...
thanks edel for having us ( and for the books:) )
and thanks brian for the tarot, wish i could remember everything :rolleyes:

trying to get a taxi home was fun....

so. next book is a handful of dust by evelyn waugh.
suggestion : how about having the next one at the weekend?

this was great :heart: :heart:

cosmos were delicious, i actually feel fine this morning, maybe the smoothie has hangover prevention properties...
thanks edel for having us ( and for the books:) )
and thanks brian for the tarot, wish i could remember everything :rolleyes:

trying to get a taxi home was fun....

so. next book is a handful of dust by evelyn waugh.
suggestion : how about having the next one at the weekend?

This was great. Thanks Edel. I have completely revised my opinion of cosmopolitans and have no hangover whatsoever - I didn't sleep at all but that was probably just tarot angst!

I wish I wasn't going to miss Waugh. Drag.

last night was fun indeed. cosmos were great! I'm strangely un-hungover today too, though I did only drag myself into college about half an hour ago...

Right well I can only assume then that Brian cast some kind of a weird spell whereby I (and possibly Liadain) absorbed the full blow of everyone's hangovers, because I feel shit. Woke up with a cold as well. Hmmphh.

This was such fun though and I fully recommend having it on a weekend night next time. THere'll be no stopping us then. Hooray. And I'm going to be rich, yay. ;)

I should also say thanks to everyone for coming; made my night.

Bellatrixie you should still read the Waugh book and discuss it online with us and Ciansy.

my flatmate says (s)he'll come to the next one too. coincidentally her name used to be aoife. bellatrix who?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back