Real Life Book Club (1 Viewer)

Fly_polish.jpg

Okay.

it's a woeful example of corperate pop in that Gaga became hugely popular with the adult lads on the gay scene and the teeny bopper lady market, for this effort she was (probably) railroaded into trying to tap into what brits call the pink pound market while still keeping her appeal with the lady yoooof unfortunately her effort becomes a watered down assonyne version of her first album, not gay enough for the gay clubs and too gay for the teenybopper market, Born this way is what happens when an individual oddity becomes mainstream royalty and loses track of themselves as cynical marketing hacks dissect and compartmentalise their appeal for massive gain and in doing so obliterate what made them any use in the first place. The production is watery and the whole thing falls flat. It's like a eurovision entry that Dana International would have made while she was having her balls cut off - in this case by a corperate shitehawk. It would have been great if it sounded like a gang of Rhinos attacking an orchestra in a gym where a thousand skinny shaven headed men wanked into a pool in which a highschool team performed synchronised swimming to old maddonna records.

But it doesn't. So it's shite.

Hows that ?

I think it's alright. Not as good as her first album (or the special edition) but on it's own it's still a decent album. A bit too long though, maybe shave off some of the filler tracks and it would be better. Heavy Mental Lover is a nice change though, and the album gets too samey.

I quite like Hair, U&I and Government Hooker though. As good as the singles off Monster.

7/10

Are we on death cab for a cutie now??

Lady gaga was a few tracks too long, probably has standalone singles but doesnt do much as an album. i made it to about 11 and gave up - there were about two things that stood out to me - the use of hellenic staples on one or two tracks and the song that was sorta rihanna's s+m rebranded for gaga's set. It made me realise that so far as me and lady gaga are concerned hearing poker face followed by lilly allens the fear through the wall of a nightclub i used to live beside was always a good combo. a thing to regard about early gaga was that the formula was dance verse with rock chorus. that is very boring now and shouldnt have been relied on for album two.

What are these?

If i have it right its sorta the scale/chord group associated with greek trad (think misirilou from pulp fiction) which also filter into italian or at least what i consider itialian a little. like the godfather ost. there was one or two tracks that were just hellenics by numbers.

this one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm assuming someone isnt selling enough records in the Mediterranean. Also thats in a different key to the album version, or so it sounds.

this one

I'm assuming someone isnt selling enough records in the Mediterranean. Also thats in a different key to the album version, or so it sounds.

Also its a real shit attempt of this dance hit from last year - the vocal is at 1.30ish in the gaga version is just a chinese whisper of the same hook that brings 'no speak americano' into the same beat almost at about 0.47.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back