Real Life Book Club (1 Viewer)

my flatmate says (s)he'll come to the next one too. coincidentally her name used to be aoife. bellatrix who?

ooo
cool
am very very tired now
spent all day correcting maths tests, zzzzzzzzzz, i'm seeing plus and minus signs flying around everywhere

Bellatrixie you should still read the Waugh book and discuss it online with us and Ciansy.

If that's actually gonna happen I'm so in there. Hooray for booooks!

0679890084.jpg

How about Friday 13th for the next one? ( spooky etc)
And remember we all have to *finish* the book this time, none of this
" I've read the first chapter/5 pages/nearly to the end" :):)

Actually, I'm about halfway through A Handful of Dust and I love it, was sneakily reading it in school today while my charges struggled through a maths test. Suckers....

Also lets get the book club online yokey revived :
http://beardsofjesus.com/bbs/index.php?

Finished the book today ( in school :) )

It .|..|.|..|.

Dont read the plot spoiling introduction. Silly me.

Oh no!!! I can't imagine how awful it was to know what happened. Shite. Should have told people not to read intros. One of the most moving and affecting parts of the book for me was the shock of the change in the plot...right up to the last page. I'm so happy you liked it :). To me A Handful of Dust encapsulates everything I feel about life. Grandiose, eh?

Note to everyone else, save yourself and do not read the introduction.

Oh and Friday 13th is grand for me...is this a good date for Tarot? :) I need to ask Brian if I'm going to buy a clutch for my car or those Prada Mary Janes - same price, difficult dilemma.

Is there any chance of these books being discussed online, or would that just be a monumental pain in the arse? I don't really mind, I'll probably read them anyway... :D

Is there any chance of these books being discussed online, or would that just be a monumental pain in the arse? I don't really mind, I'll probably read them anyway... :D
I have a discussion board sitting somewhere.

I probably should resurrect it. I'm reading about two or three books at the moment, so I might start getting involved in this again.

I have a discussion board sitting somewhere.

I probably should resurrect it. I'm reading about two or three books at the moment, so I might start getting involved in this again.

Did you ever get to read that book about Sonny Liston - 'Night Train'? Ballsy, elegiac stuff.
The guy also wrote a book about Dean Martin which I must read at some stage. Think it's called 'Dino'. Nick Tosches is the writer. If it's half as good, it'll be good enough.

Beardofjesus? I say go for it Bill...

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound like any kind of criticism... I was checking out the list of members of the Cook Blub and quite a few were familiar.

:D

What's the current reading for the Real Life Club and where and when is the next meeting?

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound like any kind of criticism... I was checking out the list of members of the Cook Blub and quite a few were familiar.

:D

What's the current reading for the Real Life Club and where and when is the next meeting?

thats ok, if we are a clique than i get to be queen bee :rolleyes:

the next meeting is on friday 13th of october and the book is a handful of dust by evelyn waugh

not sure where yet, maybe in my house again in glasnevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back