Real Life Book Club (1 Viewer)

great :)
so is next friday ok for everyone?

You guys are the best :) :heart:.
I was so disappointed that I was going to miss you all ripping A Handful of Dust to shreds...this is so cool. I'm there with bells on (and some form of alcoholic mixture) next Friday. Oh and my new favourite cigarettes; they're called Vogues for fuck's sake. Never giving up smoking EVOR again. Hurrah.

Brian do you still need a lend of AHFOD? I'll be in town a lot this weekend and early next week if you want a lend.

i must admit i haven't. plan was to read it today and tomorrow. but now i can at more leisurely pace. :)

:):):):):):)
now you a have whole extra week :):)
my problem is i tend to read the book immediately and then promptly forget all nuances of plot and character. not helped this time by the fact that i'm now reading brideshaed revisited, its all a haze of ringing up, luncheon, going up, coming down etc....

:):):):):):)
now you a have whole extra week :):)
my problem is i tend to read the book immediately and then promptly forget all nuances of plot and character. not helped this time by the fact that i'm now reading brideshaed revisited, its all a haze of ringing up, luncheon, going up, coming down etc....

Ah yes, what they used to do without mobile phones. Very amusing :).

Didn't know where else to put these. Today in Eason's:

268745392_d109ae7131_b.jpg

And:

268744171_568c1339e4_o.jpg

See that? TWO signings at the same time and the shop wasn't closed off for it.

The Wilson one was downstairs and had a seated area for the parents. I thought it was gas.

This was good fun despite half of us not being there due to going on city breaks ( jealous :rolleyes: ) and the evils of Dublin Bus.

We picked the next book, it's "Blindness" by Jose Saramago.

New book club people ! Woooo .|..|.|..|

So let's do it on the 16th ?

Deafmute, it usually starts at around 8.

ps Edel, Remember the Boston fireman/water rescue dude I was telling you about? He was just here. Oh my god. I want to run away. As Bellatrix might say, hott. :heart::heart: :rolleyes:

was the 16th settled on so? i have been sick for a few days so i've had a chance to read the buke like crazy, and i've got a twelve-page article in front of me entitled "The Excremental Gaze: Saramago's Blindness and the Disintegration of the Panoptic Vision" which hopefully will yield a few interesting points for discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back