Real Life Book Club (5 Viewers)

Hey :)
Just back from the land of rain and no computers ( Connemara ).
Twas lovely, apart from nearly driving into a cow.

Anyhoo, I got Riddley Walker in Waterstones yesterday, and there are two shiny copies in Hodges Figgis, and probably a few more in other book emporia.
Also UCD library might have it Dexta ?
I'm going to pass mine onto my sister, and Brian I assume you have it already,
so that should be enough copies, right ?

How about we set the date for 3 weeks from yesterday, which would be Wednesday 16 August ?

coraline said:
Hey :)
Just back from the land of rain and no computers ( Connemara ).
Twas lovely, apart from nearly driving into a cow.

Anyhoo, I got Riddley Walker in Waterstones yesterday, and there are two shiny copies in Hodges Figgis, and probably a few more in other book emporia.
Also UCD library might have it Dexta ?
I'm going to pass mine onto my sister, and Brian I assume you have it already,
so that should be enough copies, right ?

How about we set the date for 3 weeks from yesterday, which would be Wednesday 16 August ?

Cool, thanks Gill. I'm so annoyed I had to miss the last one. Sounds like it was great fun. It's in my diary now so there's no way I'm missing this one, although I am completely ignorant of this book :confused: so looking forward to reading it.

Where in Connemara were you? I was there recently. Felt like I had officially left the real world. It's so. far. away.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Where in Connemara were you? I was there recently. Felt like I had officially left the real world. It's so. far. away.

We were in Renvyle, really beautiful place. Spent a few nights in Mayo too, and climbed Croagh Patrick. Incredible view from the top, but my legs still hurt 6 days later...

coraline said:
We were in Renvyle, really beautiful place. Spent a few nights in Mayo too, and climbed Croagh Patrick. Incredible view from the top, but my legs still hurt 6 days later...

Groannnnn. :) I spent a day walking around Inishbofin - lovely. Had similar muscular issues the next day.

Hey all,
I'm gill's (Coraline) sister, and I'll be coming to the next book club too... i had a quick look at the book, we found it in waterstones a few days ago, it looks interesting!

Pan said:
Hey all,
I'm gill's (Coraline) sister, and I'll be coming to the next book club too... i had a quick look at the book, we found it in waterstones a few days ago, it looks interesting!

Hey!

Weren't you at the inaugural book club meeting? With the biscotti?

that was me! Then I was away for the second one, and i ended up missing the last one too cause i had something else on then...i'd read the book and all too! i think i should manage to get to the next one though...

Pan said:
that was me! Then I was away for the second one, and i ended up missing the last one too cause i had something else on then...i'd read the book and all too! i think i should manage to get to the next one though...

...Erm, do you think you'll bring biscotti to this one too
:p

Psychotic no 2 said:
...Erm, do you think you'll bring biscotti to this one too
:p

Actually
I brought the biscotti :p

I did say I was going to bake yum things for the last one and then didn't due to an attack of severe laziness, so maybe I will this time. Mmmm cookies...

hmmm it was actually gill that brought them the last time. maybe she can be persuaded to bring something nice to the next one too...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back