Random Photos (4 Viewers)

Re: picture a week (idea)

moving away from the black and white pics...heres on i took in arequipa, peru last year with a canon C-700 ultra zoom

blue.jpg

blue.jpg
[/quote]

Wicked contrast of the vibrant colours in that one.

This is one i took near Doolin in Co Clare. Cannae remember what camera

126947409_e614071f6e.jpg

I really like the blend of the subtle colours......the line of darker rocks, the similar greys in the clouds & rocks etc...

ok in the interest of keeping this going;

dublin band filabo, playing at the boomboomroom last month, pentax mz-7, 28-80mm lens, ilford delta 400film
181f60ed.jpg

I see your sandycove, and raise you a sandymount

NPZ300106004.jpg

//edit blah blah leica + 35mm + Fuji NPZ &c.

ICUH8N said:
I see your sandycove, and raise you a sandymount
//edit blah blah leica + 35mm + Fuji NPZ &c.

bring it northside! Bull island, pentax k1000, dont have a clue about the film, lost the negs for this one, hence the shit scan

8d4a171e.jpg

Here, ICUH8N, ye reckon spending loads on some particular Leica would make a decent investment? Or at least sell it for the same value further down the line?

In the interests of eh... I really like this photo, i give you this

965091-lg.jpg

Pentax MZ-M, Ilford Delta 3200, Pentax 50mm. On a bus to Montauk, Long island a while back.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
In the interests of eh... I really like this photo, i give you this

965091-lg.jpg

Pentax MZ-M, Ilford Delta 3200, Pentax 50mm. On a bus to Montauk, Long island a while back.

this this picture upload? can't see it on two diff browsers.

potlatch said:
Here, ICUH8N, ye reckon spending loads on some particular Leica would make a decent investment? Or at least sell it for the same value further down the line?

No. Absolutely not. Don't buy a leica as an investment. The only models available in the marketplace which will appreciate in value due to their rarity are already in the hands of collectors/auction houses, who have overvalued them vastly, and have driven up the expectation of the condition the gear should be in, which means you could never really use them as they were intended. New leica equipment is an overpriced, niche item, and it certainly isn't a magic paintbrush. Apart from the evidence in this thread, you can shoot the hell out of a €200 pentax K1000 and a cheapo fast 50mm, and no-one you care about will be able to tell the difference. On the other hand, if your camera budget exceeds your common sense by a factor of 100, the gear is absolutely gorgeous, and nothing really compares to the feeling of utter horror the first time you drop it on the floor, bending the film advance lever (approximate replacement cost including labour: don't ask) alarmingly.

You could pick up a working M3 and a 50/f2 for about €1500, give or take, which is still a horrific amount of money for equipment made in the 60s (prices for new gear are beyond the scope of this reply, for a variety of reasons) but do it out of irrational desire, not because you want to invest your money.

Cool, thanks for that. Kinda thought as much 'cos the ass is pretty much falling out of the film camera market and Leicas and Hasselblads are redicuiously over-fetishised, over-priced niche items.

I've been thinking a lot about getting a rangefinder, though, really because I think they suit me better. They're just so expensive, even the Voightlanders. I don't really like SLRs unless I'm using a fixed lens (28mm, 35mm, 50mm).

I dunno, I'm happy using my Canon PowerShot A95 (and occasionally Lomo LCA, Holga, and Canon EOS 1000 [with 50mm EF], but I get pissed off because it's so slow (time it takes to turn on, charge the cell, take the shot - OH NO! IT'S BLURRED TO FUCK!.

Half of me wants to try an affordable rangefinder (ha, even a medium format one) or just buy a decent, cheap, manual/semi-automatic SLR - a Canon or Nikon. Or an old Bronica. There's something amazing about hearing that shutter clunk open and shut (not even TLRs do it for me). On the other hand, I think maybe I should stick with consumer digital because it's the new language. Digital is the way things are going, but also not so great if you're pitchkuring months away from a computer.

I dunno.

things which are really good, a digest compendium:

Bessas (you can get really cheap ones on ebay, or get a CONTAX G2 OMGGGGGG AUTOFOCUS RANGEFINDER WHAT THE FUCK ARGHHHH SO CRAZY 45/f2 BEST SHIT EVER. Seriously)
Voigtlander m-mount lenses (1.5 nokton. holla. My friends love them)
prime lenses (24-85 and 15 minutes spent fixing woejus barrel distortion in photoshop. No. zooms can't hang)

potlatch said:
Half of me wants to try an affordable rangefinder (ha, even a medium format one) or just buy a decent, cheap, manual/semi-automatic SLR - a Canon or Nikon. Or an old Bronica. There's something amazing about hearing that shutter clunk open and shut (not even TLRs do it for me). On the other hand, I think maybe I should stick with consumer digital because it's the new language. Digital is the way things are going, but also not so great if you're pitchkuring months away from a computer.

I dunno.

Half playing arround with the idea of buying an old voightlander bessa myself. You can pick them up for under 100 on ebay, and ives seen some nice shots with them. Also they look cool.
I agree with ICUNH8U that getting an old pentax k1000, (or pretty much any 70s nikon, minolta, etc) is worthwhile. You can get them for half nothing, theres loads of resonable quality generic and branded lens knocking arround and being all metal, and in many cases all mechanical they can really take a hiding!

1797640-lg.jpg

Taken in Morocco ... 35mm Olympus camera ...

alright these are just what i could find on me 'puter.
just to get this thing moving again.
floral photos for the principles of shotgun cloning cover..
fisheye
4thumpedd.jpg

4thumpedc.jpg

4thumpedb.jpg

i think this is the final one used. not sure. back then we spelled it "principals" too.
4thumpeda.jpg

ill go find some prints and get scanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back