Re: picture a week (idea)

Heh, just saw this thread, it's cool.

I took this d'other night:

126060262_672b40377c.jpg

dAndAn said:
Made this one a wee bit brighter

124222009_3159468b59_o.jpg

that looks like centre point tower in sydney...here is one my mate sarah took in 1997 from a different angle. not sure what type of camera it was but i love this pic. i was on monorail spotting duty for this, and had to give sarah a countdown when as it approached....
took us 3 or 4 goes to get this shot. The quality here is not great as it's scanned badly, but it has that kinda superman-metropolis feel about it.

Sydney.jpg

lets forget the theme thing! it generally gets pushed too far back in the thread. got this in washington last week

9f8a1da4.jpg

Pentax k1000, 50mm lens, f1.7 and some stupidly slow shutter speed. Its on ilford 100delta, which I am never using again as it its horibly dark contrasty film. most of the negs from that trip were too contrasty to scan, and this is the third of forth time this has happened, even with different cameras/developers/developing time.
I did get it free with a box of papers tho....

JohnnyRaz said:
this is your best one I reckon, looks like it could have been taken anytime in the past 100 years
Well, if it weren't for those pesky air-conditioning extractor fans at the top left, anyway.

JohnnyRaz said:
lets forget the theme thing! it generally gets pushed too far back in the thread. got this in washington last week

9f8a1da4.jpg

Pentax k1000, 50mm lens, f1.7 and some stupidly slow shutter speed. Its on ilford 100delta, which I am never using again as it its horibly dark contrasty film. most of the negs from that trip were too contrasty to scan, and this is the third of forth time this has happened, even with different cameras/developers/developing time.
I did get it free with a box of papers tho....

i like this pic...my first thought when i saw this picture was kubrick...it reminds me of the war room set from dr. strangelove.

where/what is this ?

P. Littbarski said:
i like this pic...my first thought when i saw this picture was kubrick...it reminds me of the war room set from dr. strangelove.

where/what is this ?

its a metro station in washington. The whole system seems to have been built no later than the late 70s, and thusly looks quite sci-fi esque! The black blur on the left it my friend amy, whos american runnig back up the elevator to tell me that taking pictures of the subway in a country terrified of terrorist attack mightnt go down so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back