Random Photos (3 Viewers)

Re: picture a week (idea)

this is a deadly idea..of course it would be deadlier if my computer hadnt crashed a few weeks ago and taken all my pictures with it..but yeah we should defintely have to take pictures within the parameters that we set..this is one of my favourite pictures that ive taken in the last while..i just like the way i caught the motion which is so rare for me:

DSCF0072.jpg

sorry its big..

Taken with a vintage polaroid landcamera 100. Packfilm 669. I have no idea about the aperture or shutter speed in these photos. It is basicly only focus you can set. It is not through the lense so it took a good few tries before i got more than half an image :) Cool hue in the pics though. Its fun to play with, very diiferent to SLRs anyway...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15552738/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12823760/

mugagag said:
Taken with a vintage polaroid landcamera 100. Packfilm 669. I have no idea about the aperture or shutter speed in these photos. It is basicly only focus you can set. It is not through the lense so it took a good few tries before i got more than half an image :) Cool hue in the pics though. Its fun to play with, very diiferent to SLRs anyway...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12823760/

that looks cool,
you could do some nice arty stuff like that.
Is slightly bleached tones due to the film or the lens coating (or lack of there of) I wonder.
My girlfriend is after digging out an old family box brownie, which takes still available 120 roll film. It will be interesting to see if she gets anything worthwhile.
Old cameras rock!

GetImage.php
http://www.alumni.mcgill.ca/images/GetImage.php?id=1751

the depth of field in that pic is cool, managed to get the majority of the faces in the crowd reasonably sharp, really nice and contrasty as well

ICUH8N said:
TRIX260605003.jpg

Day of the Ireland Vs Israel match last year.

Leica MP + 35mm on Tri-X
Wandering down Baggot St, saw people marching, shot roll of film.
Special Bonus for me: earnest-looking Sean Moncrieff. Hands outta your pockets, Sean.

JohnnyRaz said:
that looks cool,
you could do some nice arty stuff like that.
Is slightly bleached tones due to the film or the lens coating (or lack of there of) I wonder.
My girlfriend is after digging out an old family box brownie, which takes still available 120 roll film. It will be interesting to see if she gets anything worthwhile.
Old cameras rock!

http://www.alumni.mcgill.ca/images/GetImage.php?id=1751

hmm, I just liberqated 2 old cameras from my grannys old house. I wonder if its 120 roll film that they take too? any more info on this johnny? Where can you get it/what does it look like/how much is it?

you can get 120 film in Conns, and one or two other places in the city centre. It'll cost about the same as 35mm, but you only get 12 exposures (give or take) and it costs more to develop and not everywhere will do it. If you google the camera make and model, you'll see what kind of film they need.

Wavioli said:
hmm, I just liberqated 2 old cameras from my grannys old house. I wonder if its 120 roll film that they take too? any more info on this johnny? Where can you get it/what does it look like/how much is it?

you can get it in any decent camera shop as its still the standard medium format film. Its basically, as the name would suggest on a spool. Its 6 centimeters in width. When your loading it you unwrap the paper leader, feed it into whatever take up device is in the camera, wind it on until the arrows on the paper back appear then close up the camera and away you go.

Its usually under a fiver. Go to berminghams on the quay down from messer maguires, cheapest film in dublin.
Its probably expensive enough to process, though I know that cons cameras beside aya and the camera shop on camden st do it resonably enough.

The only problem is that prior to the 60s there was a huge variety of film formats that only varied slightly from one another. It may be that 120 film is too small/large by a fraction.

Anyway if you research the cameras on the web you'll find out. Go to ebay, some sellers give huge ammounts of info!

JohnnyRaz said:
Is slightly bleached tones due to the film or the lens coating (or lack of there of)

nah i think its actually because I controlled the exposure time with the release-button and because theres no lightmeter it is hard to control. Just over-exposed i think. I have been told that temperature can affect the film though...

gunns up on camden street are also really reasonable for film and printing..and the lovliest old man works there..

Attachments

• 3290380-md.jpg
    3290380-md.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 414

sorry for messing up your 'theme' idea. i took this in september in Parque Guell,Barcelona.
122095932_606741619a.jpg

Yo how do you attach your pics like that?

Cos when I upload from my PC using the manage attachments the pic is poxy small & gay

tripoli said:
sorry for messing up your 'theme' idea. i took this in september in Parque Guell,Barcelona.
122095932_606741619a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back