Random Photos (3 Viewers)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
here,
I was researching some camera gear on the interweb there and came across a group of heads in america doing a picture a week thing. Basically its a small group of serious amateur/professional photographers, who as the title suggests stick up their favourite current pic every week and let the others comment/appriciate it.
I know theres a few thumpers into photography to a lesser or greater extent(as recent threads have indicated), so could we do that here? (or maybe the arts thread). Get to see/show off a few nice images and maybe pic up a few tips on technique and equipment?
Just an idea. Im it throwing to the wolves like a new born lamb.....

Re: picture a week (idea)

Would it have to be music related? Or just any oul photo like....
I think it woudl be cool if you set some sort catagory each week....parameters or constraints you have to adhear to otherwise... you'd be beaten up or something..

This sounds deadly, would be well on for it. The category idea would be top too, get those of us who only shoot bands out of our comfort zones somewhat.

I am in favour of this idea.

Very much so.

Jraz, do you wanna start off with some param-ethers and shit for people, or do you wanna wait till a few more people praise you?

How about you take a picture of yourself every week for 2 years! pretty nice flipbook if you ask me!

Here's a picture I did a few months back:
spectrum.jpg

Quintron said:
Would it have to be music related? Or just any oul photo like....
I think it woudl be cool if you set some sort catagory each week....parameters or constraints you have to adhear to otherwise... you'd be beaten up or something..

the parameter idea would be cool maybe at first keep it fairly simple;;
-street(documentary, people, bustling metropolis stuff)
-potrait(formal or informal, perhaps some overlap with street)
-abstract(arty farty compositional malarkey, innaminate objects)
-music(self explanatory)

rotate through this list for a few months.
Apart from that have a recomendation that the photo be taken in the past 3/4 months?
Any takers on this? If so I'll get onto pete about getting a sticky set up over the next few weeks?

JohnnyRaz said:
the parameter idea would be cool maybe at first keep it fairly simple;;
-street(documentary, people, bustling metropolis stuff)
-potrait(formal or informal, perhaps some overlap with street)
-abstract(arty farty compositional malarkey, innaminate objects)
-music(self explanatory)

rotate through this list for a few months.
Apart from that have a recomendation that the photo be taken in the past 3/4 months?
Any takers on this? If so I'll get onto pete about getting a sticky set up over the next few weeks?

Just seen thats this is a sticky!!!!
Thanks whoever sorted this.

okay, Im kicking this off; first catagory is doumentary, which includes people, animals, raging zombies, current events, local characters, people who work in chip shops etc.

riot3.jpg

What a suprise, a pic from the riot!
Took this with a pentax KM and a 135mm lens on iso1600 film. No idea of what settings I was using. had spent the past half hour surround by people breaking up paving stones to fuck at the cops, so was a bit hyper

TRIX260605003.jpg

Day of the Ireland Vs Israel match last year.

Leica MP + 35mm on Tri-X
Wandering down Baggot St, saw people marching, shot roll of film.
Special Bonus for me: earnest-looking Sean Moncrieff. Hands outta your pockets, Sean.

Hope this counts

DSC_5660.jpg

Nikon D70, 18-35 lens, probably ISO 1600. My friend pa sobering up in Barcelona airport before our flight home.

Here, we only allowed one photo a week or what? Plus, i think the photos
should have to be from the last week or so. I'd probably try shooting a few
specifically for the thread a week myself, would be a good reason to get me
out shooting.

I'm far too lazy/disorganised/rebellious to follow these crazy rules, man. I'm just going to post something vaguely related to the weekly theme when the mood takes me.

ICUH8N said:
I'm far too lazy/disorganised/rebellious to follow these crazy rules, man. I'm just going to post something vaguely related to the weekly theme when the mood takes me.

KILL THE NON-CONFORMIST.

This is a good idea. itll help me figure out all those weirds modes on my new digital camera...

JohnnyRaz said:
okay, Im kicking this off; first catagory is doumentary, which includes people, animals, raging zombies, current events, local characters, people who work in chip shops etc.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/Documentary/dublin%20riots%202006/riot3.jpg
What a suprise, a pic from the riot!
Took this with a pentax KM and a 135mm lens on iso1600 film. No idea of what settings I was using. had spent the past half hour surround by people breaking up paving stones to fuck at the cops, so was a bit hyper

Is that Grace Jones?

If anyone's looking for me, I'll be wandering around the Oklahoma panhandle circa 1938, reading Steinbeck and listening to Woody Guthrie on my "ah-pod"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back